Low carb diet....

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
So I'm trying the low carb thing, only been 3 days so far and I must admit, it sucks. I love my burgers, I love my hotdogs, I love my pasta, I LOVE CARBS!!!! Before I started I weighed 185lbs, I'm trying to get down to 170lbs. Anybody have any experience with a low carb diet? What are your opinions? How fast did you lose weight?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
"low carb"

how about "no carb"
cyclic ketogenic diet.....meat cheese and eggs all week with a 36 hour carb up period on the weekend.....for 6 weeks.

melts the fat off.....lifting suffers since you muscles are depleted of glycogen. you are allowed 20-30g of carbs a day but that is mainly what is naturally occuring in the foods you are eating. ( eggs have 1 g per egg )

you are basically taking in protein and fat, so red meat is a good thing

on the other hand,
you can go for low and clean carbs, like oatmeal, brown rice, fiber one, chicken, fish, salads ) be careful with dressings ) turkey breast.....protein powders......

take your weight and multiply by 10......185x10 = 1850
so try 1700 for a week or 2 and see what happens......but you must be strict, what everything you put in your mouth

6 small meals aday

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Why? If your lifting and doing cardio then I don't see anything wrong with carbs unless your eating WAY to many.

I am eating way too many of everything the past 2 years. The thing that made me go no carbs was Thursday, because I looked back at what I ate, and it consisted of this.

1 Crunchwrap supreme
1 Cheesey Gordita Crunch
1 Steak Chalupa Supreme
1 Hard shell Taco

1 Double grilled cheeseburger on the grille with potatoe salad

7 White castles
1 Medium Fry

This is just not good. Going no carbs will force me to eat healthier also. Once I lose some weight, I'll go back to carbs, and just watch what I eat.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
the eliptcals are always packed @ the gym.....

and dude, how the hell do you not shit your pants ? trust me on this, if you decide to go with a cleaner, healthier diet...DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT revert back to a day like this, your stomach will get back @ you.

my friend is an amatuer body builder and after his show i told him, " let's go get a plate of loaded nacho's and a beer!"
he replied with " are you nuts ? i have eaten clean for 6 months, do you know what that will do to my stomach ? i will be on the pot for a week !"

so, take everything in stride.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah eating healthy for 3-4 weeks (even less than that) then loading up on some shitty food made me feel like i was going to toss up, gave me extreme heart burn, and all around made me feel gross. After just eating healthy (we eat out of weight watchers and other "diet" cook books) for a week I felt so much better. Getting up in the morning, half way through the day, at night, etc. You feel so much better when you're not taking in all of those preservatives, and fats that the body can't even digest. We compared Jif to Natural peanut butter and I believe jif had 3x the ingredients, all shit the body doesn't need. Eating fresh food alone will help you lose weight. Get a book called "eat this not that" you will never regret it, you will find out simple things like drinking diet pop is actually worse for you than drinking regular pop. All the chemicals they put in there to make up for the sugar that is no longer present is soooo bad for your body. That's pretty much all i have, also, i know it's considered "ghey" or "embarrassing" in our current society but if you join weight watchers and go to their meetings you will never regret the things you learn. Atkins diet... Well google why the "creator" of this miracle diet is no longer with us.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
*edit* Dunno how I erased what I typed originally.... Could an Admin put that back in here if you spot this?

Burgers/grilled chicken sandwhiches with no bun
Grilled wraps *Sans the Tortilla*
Some nuggets aren't to horrid.
sandwich wraps 'Jimmy Johns Vito wraps are amazing IMO'
Most salads obviously (Ranch dressings are typically not very high in Carbs, again TYPICALLY)

And you had mentioned chips earlier... the only 'low carb' crunchy snack I found was Pork Rhinds (Chincrons...?)... Not the best as they are so high in sodium, but I actually found them to 'fill the void' on occasion with a sandwich with the low carb bread mentioned earlier.

And also, I don't recall where I read it, but the POINT of atkins is to have most of your carb intake through Veggies, not meat. Meat is still the 'staple' but you don't want to eat 40g of carbs of meat a day, you want to eat like 20g of greens in carbs.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
So far so good. I started this diet on Friday, and weighed myself that morning and was at 187lbs. Today I went to the gym and weighed myself on the same scale and I'm at 181. Loss of 6lbs in 4 days, I'm pretty darn happy with the results so far.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So far so good. I started this diet on Friday, and weighed myself that morning and was at 187lbs. Today I went to the gym and weighed myself on the same scale and I'm at 181. Loss of 6lbs in 4 days, I'm pretty darn happy with the results so far.

It got erased by accident, but I mentioned earlier, Be aware, you loose ALOT of water weight the first 2 weeks, and you will gain it back EXTREMELY fast if you just stop dieting, just an FYI.

Naturally your weight can go up and down a fair bit too regardless of dieting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info