Steve Carell Says ‘It’s Time’ to Leave The Office

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/06/28/steve-carell-leaving-office-nbc/

It looks like Dunder Mifflin may soon have to hire a new boss for its Scranton branch.

After more than half a dozen seasons on The Office, Steve Carell hints to E! News that he may not be returning to the hit NBC comedy after its seventh season wraps next year.

“I just think it’s time,” he said at the premiere of his new movie, Despicable Me, Sunday in L.A. “When I first signed on I had a contract for seven seasons, and this coming year is my seventh. I just thought it was time for my character to go.”

But Carell, 47, who plays regional manager Michael Scott on the show, says fans shouldn’t get too worried -– the show will do just fine, maybe even better than before.

“[This might] add some new life and some new energy to the show,” he says about leaving a role that earned him multiple Emmy nominations. “I certainly didn’t anticipate any hubbub over it. I didn’t see it as a huge deal.”

“[The writers],” he adds, “have incorporated so many new characters and so many new, great storylines that I have no doubt it’ll continue as strong if not stronger than ever.”

When reached, NBC had no comment. –Eunice Oh

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info