IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

the year before was the deck with built in hot tub
deckbuilding003.jpg

deckbuilding003.jpg

deckbuilding009.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

did all the work ourselves with the exception of some of the plumbing in the bathroom. did all wood work, electrical, tile, celling, dry wall, framing, ect. just thought I would share. kind of proud of the way it has turned out so far. defanitly alot cheaper to do it yourself

oh and yea the bar has a keg-arator

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
thanks all. just hope they can keep it.
dad had to take a huge pay cut after being laid off a few years ago and my mom was just diagnosed with lupus. so money is getting even tighter for them. moved back in to help with things and pay rent to them. I would be devastated if they had to sell it. never had money growing up. when I was born we lived in a trailer. and with my dad working 3 jobs and mom 2 jobs most of my childhood they have really showed me what hard work can get you. my pops gettin canned and now my mom with this disease has kinda shook my views on life.

Jizzums

sweetest bitch
Nov 12, 2007
Warrenville
Real Name
Jamie
thanks all. just hope they can keep it.
dad had to take a huge pay cut after being laid off a few years ago and my mom was just diagnosed with lupus. so money is getting even tighter for them. moved back in to help with things and pay rent to them. I would be devastated if they had to sell it. never had money growing up. when I was born we lived in a trailer. and with my dad working 3 jobs and mom 2 jobs most of my childhood they have really showed me what hard work can get you. my pops gettin canned and now my mom with this disease has kinda shook my views on life.

:hs: hope it all works out!
I have a few family members with lupus, its real tough!

and as all the others said, great work!

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
for the home theatre screen did you use the special paint for creating the screen. How did you like it?

yea they have a paint with the right reflective qualities, its kinda pricy but we liked it better than the screen and the projector is hd it looks amazing. even with it runnin off component cables. I am gonna run hdmi but haven't gotten around to it ( they have come way down in price for the 30' cables)

I will probably be hosting a gtg in a few weeks if all goes right. Bottle party :smile:

for the home theatre screen did you use the special paint for creating the screen. How did you like it?

I did that in my old house. You do not need "special" paint. I used 3 layers
base was ultra bright white
2nd was 1/2 UBW 1/2 Pearl Glase
top coat was all pearl glase.

it was the pearl in the paint that reflected the images. Looked awesome.

here a pic of it.

TheaterScreen.jpg
60" never looked so good.

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
house looks amazing! nice work too.. thats some craftsmanship right there.

I put a movie theater in my basement.. i used "screen goo"

you can just use regular paint, but i opted to buy the stuff that was engineered for that one purpose... it gives it a grey matte finish which is suppose to be the best for theater rooms..

man i am jealous of that basement.. its always been my dream to have a rec room like that..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info