Stupid people at work

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I can't believe how stupid people can be at times. At work, someone didn't realize that one of the e-mail distributions went out to everyone in the Palatine office. It was obvious to me when I received the e-mail that it was an accident and that I should just delete it. Within minutes, my inbox was lit up with people that did 'reply all' with various messages of informing the sender that they should not be on the distribution for the e-mail. I was thinking, how stupid are you all for 'replying to all'. You should have just replied to the sender. One of the replies was from the IT department! Out of all the people that should realize the e-mail was a mistake, they didn't! So finally after all these morons 'reply to all', someone from the communications department sends out an e-mail telling people not to respond to this e-mail. What a bunch of morons!!!

A lot of mass emails are sent out at my work as we have many different departments here. People here do the same shit all the time. One thing that's really aggravating here is that people are territorial in a way. There's one department where they will literally get pissed off and complain to a higher up if people from another department use their copier. Only reason they get mad too is they're just lazy and don't want to change the paper. I dunno if your office is the same but people around here just find the dumbest shit to get worked up over.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Yeah, that is some petty stuff right there. We're all corporate here, so we share just about everything.

Another incident here last year was a lot more humorous. One of the women was having 'lady problems' and couldn't make it into work. So somehow she found a way to leave a voice-mail on everyone's phone stating that she was 'cramping' really bad and was going to 'take some high power stuff' to get rid of it. How embarrassing! The entire company knows you're having your period!

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
That happens here.. So when you have an email hitting 10,000 people.. You can imagine what my inbox looks like.

This e-mail probably only went out to about 300 people, so I can't even imagine.

Though one time someone sent out a really huge file to a ton of people and it brought down our e-mail server for two hours.

Yeah, that is some petty stuff right there. We're all corporate here, so we share just about everything.

Another incident here last year was a lot more humorous. One of the women was having 'lady problems' and couldn't make it into work. So somehow she found a way to leave a voice-mail on everyone's phone stating that she was 'cramping' really bad and was going to 'take some high power stuff' to get rid of it. How embarrassing! The entire company knows you're having your period!

ooooooouuch. That is pretty damn embarrassing. What phone network do you guys use? I didn't even know you could do that shit.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I was wondering what ry@n did at his office...

thumbtwiddle_promo.jpg

We have Avaya now, but I don't remember if that's what we had when she left that voice-mail.

We just got those all installed around the office and got rid of our old ones. We're using Audix as our voicemail system which can be confusing as fuck. Hopefully I don't accidentally hit the wrong button one day and leave an office wide voicemail haha.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i was at accenture, and after core consulting school some analyst sent e-mail to all the other analysts. accenture has offices globally, and people come from all over for training in st. charles. there is a list for each country, like [email protected] and such. not sure what it had then, but today accenture employs 186,000 employees. see where this is going?

some dumb fawk wrote to i think every [email protected] list they had, to say hey thanks for the fun times at school guys let's keep in touch. what followed was like a gazillion stupid analysts, all dumb fucks replying to all saying the stupid standard shit. of course some people put in joke stuff too, funny haha! one guy said hey anybody want to buy my car? and included a picture of it. but oh no, not just any picture. this doofus attached it in BITMAP. it was like a 14 meg pic! i think there was something like over 300 reply to all idiot analyst responses. the mail servers were going ca-raaaaaaaaazy.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Some idiot responded again today. This e-mail is going to be around forever! There were two e-mails telling people not to respond, and still this e-mail is going around. I think I'm going to send one out on my last day and really confuse people. But I'm going to attach a huge file and cripple the system!!! Ha, ha, ha! Suck it IT people!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Some idiot responded again today. This e-mail is going to be around forever! There were two e-mails telling people not to respond, and still this e-mail is going around. I think I'm going to send one out on my last day and really confuse people. But I'm going to attach a huge file and cripple the system!!! Ha, ha, ha! Suck it IT people!

whats crazy is last night in my Operational Development class, we had a guest speaker, who was an IT guy, who basically vented for the first 5 minutes about when people do this exact thing, and he's like, we fear the day that there is a big attachment attached because it will take us down

ahhaha

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
whats crazy is last night in my Operational Development class, we had a guest speaker, who was an IT guy, who basically vented for the first 5 minutes about when people do this exact thing, and he's like, we fear the day that there is a big attachment attached because it will take us down

ahhaha

we had someone here try sending a mass email with a 10MB PDF attachment to about 200 people. We only have a T1, so it totally brought our Internet to a crawl, took a minute to figure out what was going on. We werent too happy with him.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
In outlook you can flag an email with a keyword to send directly to a separate inbox. During the election I set it up so all emails tagged with "Politics" went directly to the trash. Our higher ups made people use "Politics" or "Fun fact" before those emails so we could filter them out accordingly.

If it's really that annoying I bet you could do the same for that one mass email.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info