Hobbies or Collections?

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
I haven't collected anything consistantly for years. I've got dozens of boxes of basketball and football cards from when I was younger.

:werd: got a whole bunch of basketball cards from back in grade school. Hopefully they will eventaully be worth something :bigthumb: besides that, i play Modern Warfare 2 on a daily basis and in the Summer, I clean my car every weekend :s00ls:

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I have a card collection. (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, boxing) I was actually looking thru a few boxes over the xmas holiday. I actually have a Julio Cesar Chavez boxing card which surprised me. Probably about 10-12K cards combined. I stopped collecting towards the end of high school. (1996ish) I know for a fact I have a few collector cards in every sport!

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Recently I started buying albums (vinyl records) of bands I listen to. I am talking about modern music not classic. Many hardcore, punk, and less mainstream bands release their EPs and LPs on vinyl. They are just something cool to own, and a lot are very limited press. I collect tattoos also if you want to count that.

Hobbies? Cars has been my main one. Other than that fishing, playing guitar, working out, and bike riding. Those are the only things I do with any regularity, but Im into anything active or outdoors for the most part.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I actually have a shit ton of old baseball cards and Magic the Gathering cards from when I was kid I am trying to see. Anyone know of a place I can sell these?

Figure out if you have any cards that are exceptionally rare/valuable and sell them individually. Not many hobby/card shops around any more, but there are a few places online that will buy them. The rest of the crap, just sell on craigslist. Maybe 4 years back now, I sold the "junk" part of my MTG collection for $100 on craigslist.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Not many hobby/card shops around any more

I remember when i was a kid you could find lots of card shops. They had one in my area that was walking distance. They also had a really nice shop in a nearby suburb that I used to ask my dad to take me all the time. The good ol days. All these young kids now a days play video games and watch tv all day.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Yeah I know, its a shame. Until I was about 10 there was a candy/card store about a mile from my house. The type of place with all the nickel penny and dime candy. Fake cigarettes, bubblegum cigars, all that cool shit! I remember going there allllll the time with my mom and buying xmen cards!

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I used to collect comics. I got nightwing 0-20, spawn 1-50 including issue 1 in black and white and the entire Curse of the Spawn series including 1 in black and white. Also various other #1 comics of smaller series that never made it, mostly image comics. None of these are worth anything anymore since ebay came about. Just too easy to find them.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I used to collect comics. I got nightwing 0-20, spawn 1-50 including issue 1 in black and white and the entire Curse of the Spawn series including 1 in black and white. Also various other #1 comics of smaller series that never made it, mostly image comics. None of these are worth anything anymore since ebay came about. Just too easy to find them.

I had a small collection of comics. Recently I found that alot of them have discoloration, even the ones in plastic. I should have sealed the top of the plastic better so the air wouldnt affect the top portion of the comic. Oh well I dont think I had anything worth being mad about. I still have some decent well preserved comics that might be worth a small amount.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Spawn ftw.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I play golf when i can and i have over 50 Zippo lighters

I'm the same with Golf. It's nice and relaxing to get out and play a 4 hour 18 hole game with a few friends.

I used to collect comic books as well as baseball cards. I used to have a magic johnson basketball card collection (he used to be my favorite), but I don't know what happened to that.

I also buy video games and blu-rays. (I have 25 ps3 games, 100 blu-rays)

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Hobbies: Detailing, Jogging / Playing Sports (all except soccer), Watching Movies and so on...

Collections: I have a huge baseball card collection from when I was growing up. I stopped collecting around the year 2000 and I have put the majority of my cards that were valued at $1.00+ in hard sleeves and stored them away. I have a ton of autographs, game-used materials and numbered cards down to a 1 of 10.

I would say that I also collect DVDs. I have built my collection up over the past two years. I have around 225 DVDs and 40 Blu-rays. My goal when I getter older and have kids is to have a wall full of movies and to turn one of my rooms into a theatre.

There are a lot of classics that I will want to watch 10-20-30 years down the road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info