Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
is coming back bitches!

5x4sug.gif

heres hoping they find the spark again and isnt like the movies that recently came out :run: :run:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/06/08/benders-back-baby-new-futurama-episodes-are-in-our-future/

Have you grown tired of bad TV news? And by bad TV news, I mean bad news about television shows. Bad "TV news" is redundant.

Well, get ready for some good news. No wait, get ready for some great news. No, great doesn't really describe it. Here is some grantasticularly wondergasmiclicious news! (And my 12th grade English teacher said I'd never amount to anything as a writer.)

Comedy Central has ordered all brand new episodes of Futurama, and the show has officially gone back into production.

An insider told Collider.com that the network has given the series an order for 13 additional episodes to air now that the network has run through all of the series' original episodes and the four full-length DVD movies. This news has sparked rumors that production has officially started again on the series and casting is underway.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:ugh: :ugh: its the simpsons?? seriously?? the simpsons has been total garbage for like 6 years. futurama has one long running story. all episodes tie into each other. its not just random episodes. it has jokes that are both easy to recognize and ones that you have to think about for a sec. such a great show

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
:ugh: :ugh: its the simpsons?? seriously?? the simpsons has been total garbage for like 6 years. futurama has one long running story. all episodes tie into each other. its not just random episodes. it has jokes that are both easy to recognize and ones that you have to think about for a sec. such a great show

yeah, the simpsons SUCKS. I hate that show. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 episodes of Futurama and it was a painful experience that I wish to not repeat.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
mother fucking official AND with more info :bowdown: :bowdown:

June 9, 2009 - You just can't stop Futurama. A day after news broke that the show looked to be coming back, Comedy Central has made it official, announcing they have picked up the series for an impressive 26 new episodes – thirteen more than originally expected.

As Comedy Central notes, this will mark the first true new episodes of the show in six years – though the four recent, straight-to-DVD Futurama movies were re-cut into 22 minute episodes.

Comedy Central will begin showing the new installments beginning mid-2010. An interesting note in the press release states, "Twentieth Century Fox Television retains the option to license the original runs of the new episodes to a broadcast network," seemingly implying there is a chance a network (though come on, it would be FOX, right?) could potentially air the new episodes first, before Comedy Central.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
what
the
fuck

This is wrong on *so many* levels. I can't think of a better way to guarantee that Futurama goes down in flames, and I can't see Matt Groening even agreeing to go forward with the show with a new cast.

I think there has to be something more to this story, because this is maybe the dumbest decision in the history of decisions made by studio executives. Hands down.

I don't usually support boycotts, as they're pointless: But man, does this ever merit a boycott.

Futurama Recasting

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=96103376147&topic=8723

this better not be fucking true

fu.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info