Anyone see the V22 Ospreys flying around?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Did anyone else see the V22 Osprey's that were flying around northern suburbs today? I was outside today around 1:00 in Lincolnshire and saw them flying around to the west and the south. Saw at least 3 of them, they would fly out of the west and circle around south quite a ways. They were pretty cool. Didn't see them take off or anything but they are quite odd looking.

V-22%20Osprey.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Yeah some of my students were asking me what it was, and I didn't remember the actual name of it, but I was trying to describe how it worked and how the propellers act like a helicopter at take-off and are then moved into a position for a more airplane type of affair.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My dad is into aviation, so I called him after I saw 2 Apache helicopters. His first question was where. I told him "in the sky"

lmao.

my buddy saw those helichopters today too..

he was driving down 53, and said they were just almost chasing cars down the road he said...

i saw three biggggggggggass choppers flying in a formation on sunday... but no ospreys today.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Ah found this:
Three U.S. Marine Corps helicopters seen flying above Chicago this morning were rehearsing for Marine Week Chicago, a Marine spokeswoman said.

The event, the Marines' first, is meant to honor local Marine veterans and those from the area currently serving, said Marine Captain Kate Vanden Bossche.

"We're also just trying to get some exposure for the Marine Corps in this part of America," she said.

In addition to plenty of Marines, visitors can expect to see amphibious assault vehicles, armored troop carriers and improvised explosive device detecting vehicles. Some of those ground vehicles are scheduled to drive on Lake Shore Drive on Thursday on their way to Navy Pier.

The helicopters came from marine bases around the country and are stationed at the DuPage County Airport, said Mike Ruffner, whose group, the Marine Corps League Department of Illinois, is helping with the week's events.

Ruffner said the aircraft, which are expected to be displayed in demonstrations at Navy Pier and Arlington Park, include MV-22 Ospreys, CH-46 Sea Knights, CH-53 Super Stallions and AH-1W Super Cobras.

In September there is an Aviation Day at the Schaumburg Airport. Last year at my son's soccer game we had a WWII German JU-52 buzz over the field at about 200 feet. It sounded like rolling thunder at first then this huge plane screamed over the field and basically stopped all the games being played.

During the Aviation Day they offer rides in it.

Ju52Tom2006.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info