Launced my high powered rocket today

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
vids or it didn't happen

This was just supposed to be the test launch. I have 5 more motors sitting here waiting.

We did it at an elementary school. 2 teachers were walking out in the parking lot when I fired it off. My wife told me they both jumped when it left the pad. It took off like a bat out of hell, and you couldn't even see it at the apex; I could only see the trail from the engine.

It looked badass too. I coated the whole thing with a prismatic clearcoat last night.

I think it's in one of the cornfields still, so I may go out early tomorrow to look around a little more. Problem is, there are a lot of plastic bags out there, and they all look like they could be a parachute. Plus the stalks mimic rocket bodies. It was a pain in the ass to cover ground searching since the land was so lumpy.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
The middle school off essington, right behind the new Plainfield HS. I think that's 119th and Naper-Plainfield. I walked from there to Hassert, then back to the school, then back home...it was a LONG walk!

I looked again this morning, no dice. It's probably in Wisconsin, or still up there carried aloft.

I ordered a Mean Machine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info