Woman commits (supposedly) suicide...

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
She jumped out of the window of the Civic Opera House. The building is directly accross the street from my building. You can see the blood and guts splattered all over the place. It happened at about 9 am today. Crazy man! I hear she was pretty young too....20's.

I would try to take a camera phone pic but you wouldnt be able to tell shit.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1505758,w-civic-opera-house-fall-040109.article

Woman falls to death at Civic Opera House
Recommend (9) Comments

April 1, 2009

FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS
A woman reportedly jumped to her death Wednesday morning from a 40th-floor window at the Civic Opera House downtown.

Police were notified about 8:50 a.m. that someone had apparently committed suicide by jumping from the building at 20 N. Wacker Dr., according to police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien.

According to unconfirmed reports, the person jumped from a 40th-floor window. The person is a woman, News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak said.

The structure that includes the opera house is comprised of a 45-story office tower and two 22-story wings.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's office has been notified of the death and police are conducting a death investigation.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Unfortunate. How sick would it be to have to clean that up.

I am a little morbidly curious as to the condition of the body once it hits, especially from 40 stories up. Is it a bloody mess or just a mangled body? I'm sure I could look up pictures on Rotten.com, but I really don't want to SEE it.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
assuming she was in some type of normal clothing (i.e. not a squirrel suit) that is still well below terminal velocity for a normal sized person, espically somebody who is purposaly jumping out of a building, as i imagine they would take the diving approach

114mph is only about 6 mph below terminal velocity. Air resistance hits her the moment she steps out the window, not when she's at terminal velocity. It's like saying my car doesn't encounter any wind resistance at 60mph because it has a top speed of 190mph.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
114mph is only about 6 mph below terminal velocity. Air resistance hits her the moment she steps out the window, not when she's at terminal velocity. It's like saying my car doesn't encounter any wind resistance at 60mph because it has a top speed of 190mph.

that would be true if her body was in the standard skydive position... but i doubt she was in that pose while trying to commit suicide..... given the right pose, she could go as fast as 200mph (height allowing) and my guess would be that she took the standard swan dive approach to the jump which would be closer to the 200 mph side of the scale. of course there would be wind resistance, but those calculations should be fairly close

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
:werd:

alright girl of about 130 pounds falls 450 feet at an acceleration speed of 9.81 m/s^2 and hits the ground going at speed of 51.2 m/s (114 mph) would hit with a force of 778708 newtons.

ummmmm.....your units dont make any sense. Unless you did your calculations somewhere else.

F=ma

acceleration = 102 ft/s (31.1m/s)

m = 58.97 kg

F = 1833.97N (412.29 lbf)

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
ummmmm.....your units dont make any sense. Unless you did your calculations somewhere else.

F=ma

acceleration = 102 ft/s (31.1m/s)

m = 58.97 kg

F = 1833.97N (412.29 lbf)

Where did you get the 31.1m/s ? The rate of acceleration by gravity is around 9.81 m/s squared. Its kinda hard to physically jump down and i assume she jumped out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info