Public Safety Notice - Do NOT Hold Children Over Balcony Railings

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
How stupid are people? R.I.P. to the little girl.

A toddler has died after plunging 150 feet from a cruise ship while being dangled out of a window by her granddad.

The 18-month-old girl slipped from his arms and fell from the 11th floor of Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas ship.

The child is believed to have fallen onto the concrete below while the ship was docked in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The tot was rushed to hospital at around 4:30 p.m. local time yesterday.

She was pronounced dead a short time later.

According to the local Primer Hora website, the girl was from Indiana and on holiday with her parents and grandparents.

Capture-1.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/world/india...ter-plunging-150-feet-from-cruise-ship-report

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I used to get nervous just walking around while holding my son when he was an infant. I can't imagine doing something as reckless as that.

My son almost took a tumble off the couch one time when he was about six months old. I grabbed him by his leg on the way down. I felt like a reckless asshole for a while and he wasn't even hurt.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Lawyer is making it sound like it was a misunderstanding...

https://toofab.com/2019/07/08/grandfather-drops-toddler-11-storeys-to-her-death-aboard-cruise/

19-month-old Chloe Rae Margaret Wiegand died when she fell from her grandfather's arms on Sunday, as the Royal Caribbean's Freedom Of The Seas was docked in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The family's lawyer Michael Winkleman told NBC News that the tot was in an enclosed play area with clear-glass paneling, when her granddad Salvatore Anello lifted her on to a railing to look outside, as she would do at her brother's hockey games, and she tried to bang on glass that wasn't there.

"Essentially her grandfather lifts her up and puts her on a railing and where he thinks that there is glass there because it's clear, but it turns out there was no glass there," Winkleman said. "She goes to bang on the glass like she would have at one of those hockey rinks, and the next thing you know, she's gone."

Her devastated parents Alan and Kimberly Wiegand want to know why the children's play area had an open window in the wall of glass paneling.

"Why in the world would you leave a window open in an entire glass wall full of windows in a kid's area?" he asked.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
fucking insanity.

terrible fucking accident happened, a family going on an awesome vacation they likely worked their asses off for & planned months, if not years for... their live's are completely changed and disrupted FOR FUCKING EVER. and of course, a little girl is DEAD.

and tcg is armchairing on who to hang in the town square.

:rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Puerto Rican officials said Monday that they are still investigating whether to charge Anello with negligence for dropping the child.

But the family doesn't blame Anello. Their lawyer, Michael Winkleman, told NBC News the family was in a play area on the ship circled by clear glass panels when the accident happened. Winkleman said Anello lifted Chloe up to a railing he thought was behind glass but turned out to be open to the air.

"Essentially her grandfather lifts her up and puts her on a railing and where he thinks that there is glass there because it's clear, but it turns out there was no glass there," Winkleman said. "She goes to bang on the glass ... and the next thing you know, she's gone."

The family doesn't understand why there was an open window along the wall of glass panels, Winkleman added.

"Why in the world would you leave a window open in an entire glass wall full of windows in a kids' area?" he asked.

People who know Anello back home say he's "beloved."

Mike Hamann, who works with Anello, called him a "wonderful employee."

“He is beloved by all. We are crushed by this tragedy, and we all are mourning for him and his family," Hamann told WSBT.

The girl is the daughter of Indiana police officer Alan Wiegand and his wife, Kimberly.

“The South Bend Police Department offers its sincerest condolences to officer Alan Wiegand and his family during this difficult time following the tragic loss of their child while in Puerto Rico. The department asks the community to pray for the entire Wiegand family as they grieve,” the police department said in a statement.

Police Sgt. Nelson Sotelo told The Associated Press that the family is "in shock" and will stay in Puerto Rico for the duration of the investigation.

Owen Torres, corporate communications manager for Royal Caribbean, told CBS News that the cruise operator was "deeply saddened by [the] tragic incident, and our hearts go out to the family."

Torres added that the company had made its "Care Team available to assist the family with any resources they need.”

https://www.insideedition.com/famil...-dropped-toddler-out-cruise-ship-window-54291

fucking terrible.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
true story

thankfully my future children will be locked in their padded cells wrapped in bubble wrap to avoid the outside world and it's dangers.

Really? I just leave a few loaded rifles around for mine. They're long guns so they probably won't shoot themselves. I haven't quite upgraded to crew served guns yet which would be yet safer.

iu

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info