Guys...let me be serious for this moment...

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Im always joking but this time I'm not.

I might have cancer.

I'm not scared of death..I'm just really upset that I wasted years not doing what I've always wanted to do which is volunteering, help people and humanity.

I will keep you updated

Worst case I have about 2 years.
Best case 5 years.

Thanks for filling the void in my life and having me a part of you're group. I didn't come out much but still felt affiliated.

I'm early in this and am optimistic but also know the reality of it.

I ask for you're prayers and well wishes and please remember me for being a nice guy who talked crap but never meant harm.

I grew up on the south side gangbanging..I was supposed to be nothing in life like some of the rest in the neighborhood but tried to get out and do more. Which I somewhat feel decent about what I've done to this point

And again I was supposed to do more with this life I was granted and that's the only thing tearing me up.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I am truly sorry to hear that Heavy :(

My father was diagnosed with Stage 3 Multiple Myeloma backin late 2016 and the prognosis was not good for him as well, I believe it was less than 24 months at the time. The road battling cancer has not been easy, but he now is in remission for over a year. If I can over some advice that has helped him get to remission it would be:

- First and foremost find the best doctors possible, cancer treatment is always evolving and new cutting edge treatments are always coming out
- Stay positive! I truly feel like this can greatly improve your chances of recovery.
- Build a network of positive people to help lift you up when you are down.
- Don't stop living your life, if you want to help others start now! Give your life a purpose and you WILL keep living.

I know it is easy for me to type this when you are the one that has the burden on your shoulders. If you ever feeling down TCG is here to pick you up :bigthumb:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I would do your homework relentlessly so you can make informed decisions when working with the healthcare system... There is a significant delay between actual science and treatment options for obvious rea$ons.

that is why i suggested Mayo. I know someone that all the doctors gave him a year and after several trips to Mayo, here we are, 5 years later and still improving

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So sorry to hear :( Where are you going for treatment? Always get a second opinion, like Alex said go to Mayo or somewhere on the cutting edge of treatment. There are A LOT of different ways to treat cancer and a lot of clinical trials out there that have worked well. Below is a good example. Chemo didn't work for this guy, so they tried a new immunotherapy and now he's been in remission for over 3 years. My wife actually treated him

https://www.nwitimes.com/patient-wi...cle_9a757d94-9454-11e9-bac3-179bbcef1386.html

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I don't have a lot to say except keep your morale up. I've seen people who have just "given up" and they don't last long after. A little bit of self determination goes a long way.

We've made huge strides in technology around treating cancer and we are doing so more every day. You're in the best country in the world for cancer outcomes at the best time in history for cancer outcomes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info