Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Shit camera work.

https://youtu.be/cquWpnYHrzI

https://ktla.com/2019/06/24/video-s...cars-in-huntington-park-police-investigating/

Shocking video shows a pickup truck accelerating wildly as it circled around a Huntington Park intersection and slammed into parked vehicles over the weekend, and officials said Monday they're investigating the incident.

No one was injured after the series of collisions at the corner of Gage and Wilmington avenues around 1 p.m. Sunday, Huntington Park police said in a news release.

Investigators determined 75-year-old Jose Landazure lost control of his 1999 Ford pickup and hit four unoccupied vehicles. The release says it "seems to be an isolated incident."

Alarmed bystanders can be heard screaming and urging others to run for safety in cellphone video provided to KTLA by witnesses at the intersection, which sits on the border with the Florence-Firestone neighborhood of South Los Angeles.

Surveillance video from a nearby business shows the dark-green truck begin smoking after it rams into the back end of an SUV parked outside an auto shop on the south side of Gage.

Alejandra Flores, who saw the crashes unfold, said the SUV was her father's vehicle.

“Everybody started running everywhere," Flores told KTLA. "His tires kept spinning and spinning and spinning.”

Landazure's truck can be seen emitting a large amount of smoke after hitting the SUV. The pickup then reverses at a high speed and, tires screeching, backs across the intersection into the parking lot of the Plaza Americana strip mall on the opposite side of the street.

The back of the truck comes to rest against a pair of vehicles parked there before accelerating back through the intersection and slamming into the side of the white SUV it earlier made contact with.

"Somebody got to go take the keys," a bystander is heard saying in cellphone footage.

Police said they aren't sure about the extent of Landazure's injuries because he refused medical attention and was released at the scene. It's believed his family later took him for an evaluation, officials said.

According to Flores, Landazure may have been hurt by one of the bystanders.

“When his car finally stopped, there was a lot of people rushing to him and somebody punched him in the face,” she said.

Alcohol has been ruled out as a factor by both Huntington Park police and California Highway Patrol, according to local officials, but the incident remains under investigation.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Police said they aren't sure about the extent of Landazure's injuries because he refused medical attention and was released at the scene.

giphy.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
L.A. cops not doing much for their $200K salaries. How do you release a guy when he committed so much damage?

Guy lost control of his vehicle? Did he lose control in drive and then lose control in reverse and then lose control in drive again and then lose control when he's racing the engine after crashing into the final vehicle?

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
“When his car finally stopped, there was a lot of people rushing to him and somebody punched him in the face,” she said.

This made me laugh in a coldhearted way. Reading the article, I was thinking he may have done this due to a medical issue like a seizure or whatever and then someone comes along and punches him.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il

L.A. cops not doing much for their $200K salaries. How do you release a guy when he committed so much damage?

Guy lost control of his vehicle? Did he lose control in drive and then lose control in reverse and then lose control in drive again and then lose control when he's racing the engine after crashing into the final vehicle?

Sounds about right for this country's sense of law and order now.

That guy who just killed 7 bikers out east was also released at the time it happened. They didn't charge him till later, and he turned himself in shortly after. Never breathalyzed him, never drew blood... Guy also had priors for DUI and other criminal offenses, and these assholes couldn't put 2 and 2 together on scene.

There is NO accountability in people anymore, and NOTHING surprises me.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett

That guy who just killed 7 bikers out east was also released at the time it happened. They didn't charge him till later, and he turned himself in shortly after. Never breathalyzed him, never drew blood... Guy also had priors for DUI and other criminal offenses, and these assholes couldn't put 2 and 2 together on scene.

But they will pull you over for no front plate and window tint!!!!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

I just started a thread on the Jarhead MC crash. I was shocked when the story came out today about the terrible police work on scene and the guy's ridiculous previous arrest record. How the hell does he have a commercial driver's license (if he does)? How is he not in jail or deported already? Sounds like a shady company he works for, too.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This made me laugh in a coldhearted way. Reading the article, I was thinking he may have done this due to a medical issue like a seizure or whatever and then someone comes along and punches him.

Now I feel bad because I didn't consider that at all, but there are cases of it.

Like this guy who had a stroke and really did not know what the hell he was doing.

https://youtu.be/TNTwN4Ax72g

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info