How To fix canon printer offline windows 10 issue?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Only one option:

200w.gif

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Sounds like Im talking to Xfinity when my internet goes out...

Yes assholes, I did a "power cycle" before calling. :bowrofl:
What's funny is I had a Workorder for a bunch of cameras out on the same switch, half working half not. I was the third tech out there, parts have been replaced in the field already and nothing helped.... previous techs called network support, they say everything looks normal and hang up. I push this time to get them to run switch commands and have them look into the switch logs.....hasn't been rebooted in 2 years and 8 months :rofl:

So after another 2 hours of waiting for approval, they reboot it remotely and boom, everything fixed. Huge ordeal, cameras down for months, all because nobody rebooted all the fucking devices in-line.

Next time I am just going to accidentally hit the power cord to fix it and save a few hours.

"Oops! Didn't mean to reboot that but all the cameras are back!"

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Have you unplugged and plugged it back in?

I can't tell you how many times my wife, parents, and wife's parents called me and said

- "the computer isn't working, what should I do?"
- "did you try restarting?"
- "no"
- "try restarting and call me back if the problem is still there"
.........no call back

After several years of this scenario repeating itself over and over again...they rarely call me with problems.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I can't tell you how many times my wife, parents, and wife's parents called me and said

- "the computer isn't working, what should I do?"
- "did you try restarting?"
- "no"
- "try restarting and call me back if the problem is still there"
.........no call back

After several years of this scenario repeating itself over and over again...they rarely call me with problems.
It's part of the reason why I avoid doing small tech support jobs for people. You become the "call him for tech help" but never get paid for the time on the phone after they haven't even done basic troubleshooting stuff before calling.

I try to only do text, so it's much easy to be like..."reboot it first, let me know of it's still broke."

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
What's funny is I had a Workorder for a bunch of cameras out on the same switch, half working half not. I was the third tech out there, parts have been replaced in the field already and nothing helped.... previous techs called network support, they say everything looks normal and hang up. I push this time to get them to run switch commands and have them look into the switch logs.....hasn't been rebooted in 2 years and 8 months :rofl:

So after another 2 hours of waiting for approval, they reboot it remotely and boom, everything fixed. Huge ordeal, cameras down for months, all because nobody rebooted all the fucking devices in-line.

Next time I am just going to accidentally hit the power cord to fix it and save a few hours.

"Oops! Didn't mean to reboot that but all the cameras are back!"

under 3 years? That by its self doesn't mean much to me, when you get near say 10 I could be a bit more excited. Switching doesn't usually die. Expect that heap of shit to puke again is my opinion I'm betting it's got a dying ASIC or something.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I push this time to get them to run switch commands and have them look into the switch logs.....hasn't been rebooted in 2 years and 8 months :rofl:

Been there. Had a switch that would eventually stop forwarding DNS traffic, but only for certain Web sites. A reboot would fix it.

It's like a car losing the ability to make left turns after dark, at random stop signs, but only with certain drivers.

Gotta love IT! :bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info