what was your worst job?

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
Took a short term role as a general manager for a machine shop. Owner wanted change but micromanaged the hell out of everything. Owners father worked there and had free will to undermine pretty much everyone's decisions. I made some changes and left.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Man, racking my brain here, been at same gig a while, since I was 20, 28 years... Had 15 jobs before that,, been working since I was 14...stumped on what was the worst..

Ive busted out concrete all day long with a jack hammer, actually loved that.
Loading trucks with ups was kinda tough, non stop flow of boxes.....

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Selling cars.

Just wasn’t for me. People think your are scum. I had a couple run from me on the dealer lot after I said hello. True story. I knew I had to find something else on my 50th birthday was stuck working on a Saturday when Cubs were in the playoffs. My asshole boss, who was fired right after I left, was screaming at us at the top of his lungs about how much we sucked and it was our fault we weren’t selling cars.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Right after I turned 16 I had applied for a job delivering pizzas. There was a big snowstorm and I got a call that I was hired. Come in right away. Drove to the shop in my Torino with its summer tires.

First pizza I delivered, I got stuck in the snow for half an hour. Finally got the car moving again. The owner yelled at me for taking so long and I quit on the spot. He didn't want to listen to anything about summer tires and snow.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Worked at a place sanding and painting the big propane tanks. Easily 100 degrees in the summer out in the direct sun probably getting lead poisoning painting 1960s vintage tanks. Did cylinder filling, etc. Lady who ran the company was doing it for daddy. Never do that again if I can avoid it.

I also worked for a lady who was demeaning and abusive verbally. Gave her the nastiest exit interview ever.

If I have enough issues with people at a place I work at in the long term, I tend to leave. I'll bide my time but in the long run I don't take shit from people. Probably coming up on that with my boss now. He's starting to ditch out of calls that are important when I schedule them where he needs to be informed/make decisions and it's going to put a hurt to me. Talks way too much and doesn't listen which is saying a hell of a lot coming from a person who talks way too much like me. 3-4 years is about it in a position. Very millennial of me but regardless company loyalty to employees is largely dead, I may as well get paid.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
1. Factory. (Everyone looked like zombies)
2. Telemarketing

Odd you should bring that up. Not casting hate towards Wal-Mart workers but there are more of them I see that look and act like zombies. It's like someone crushed their souls and they're going through the motions. I mean, I could be crazy on that but it's just a weird vibe especially when I go in to grab something because they're the only place open at some weird hour of night.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
This is really tough for me, I haven’t really disliked any of my jobs, just the people I worked with. Investigating was kind of fun and boring, but so many hours just sitting in a van was rough. AutoZone wasn’t even bad, but the corporate crap was ridiculous.
Honestly where I work now is probably the worst place I have ever worked. I really like the people but the stuff I work on and how they handle the company is a joke. Plus I’m not a huge fan of coming home so dirty and greasy everyday. Cop car looks awful inside because of it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Cant honestly say I had a job that I actually hated, been working since I was 14. First job was at a pharmacy in the city delivering prescriptions to peoples houses on my bike. Bought a car at 15 and started using that to deliver so then I could disappear for a while because of the time I was saving. Wound up having older guys in the neighborhood corrupt me and I started stealing pills and selling them.

2nd job was Burger King at 16 and had a blast there. Manager was a guy from the neighborhood, so we got high and drunk every fucking day we worked. Sold a little bit of weed out of the bathroom.

Then I knocked my Wife up and shit got real. Worked at Ziebart rust proofing cars, detailing, alarms and sunroofs. Got in the trades a few years after that but kept working at Ziebart on Saturdays.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
This is really tough for me, I haven’t really disliked any of my jobs, just the people I worked with. Investigating was kind of fun and boring, but so many hours just sitting in a van was rough. AutoZone wasn’t even bad, but the corporate crap was ridiculous.
Honestly where I work now is probably the worst place I have ever worked. I really like the people but the stuff I work on and how they handle the company is a joke. Plus I’m not a huge fan of coming home so dirty and greasy everyday. Cop car looks awful inside because of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-81WdyD-8Ro

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info