I Should have been a housekeeper

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Full-Time Housekeeper http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?from=appshareios&jk=c1f7144d969ed2f7

Family living in Lake Forest, Illinois (north shore suburb of Chicago) with four school aged children is seeking an experienced, organized and detail oriented full-time housekeeper who will efficiently clean 10,000 square foot residence. Schedule is on Monday - Friday at 7:00am - 3:00pm. Flexibility to work occasional later weekday evenings and weekends for events at residence is required. The ability to work around the family's schedule while at the same time cleaning and organizing in an efficient manner is important. Candidates must be comfortable working around two Golden Retriever dogs and children. Applicants need to be honest, trustworthy, understand the importance of maintaining discretion, experienced working with principals that are around residence often (discreet and staying out of the way is important), adept at organizing and general cleaning, knowledgeable with cleaning various surfaces and artwork, experienced assisting with entertaining at family's residence, skilled with laundry, proficient with ironing and collaborative to work with other domestic employees. Candidates with many years of private full-time housekeeper experience working in a 5,000+ square foot or larger residence(s) is required. Safe vehicle for transportation is required to get to and from work daily. Uniform is required (e.g., black or khaki pants, white or black collared shirt or polo, house/indoor shoes, etc.). Start date is flexible for the right candidate.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Strong knowledge of proper care for various surfaces
Cleaning and preparation of guest bedrooms
Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors
Vacuum carpets, rugs and draperies
Dust and polish furniture and fittings
Knowledge of cleaning artwork
Clean metal fixtures and fittings
Empty and clean trash containers
Dispose of trash in a sanitary manner
Clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers
Wipe down glass surfaces
Wipe down refrigerators, wine fridge, mini fridges, etc.
Dispose of expired food in refrigerator, freezer and pantry
Make up beds and change linens as required
Tidy up rooms
Organize closets, storage, etc.
Keep cleaning supply, household and food inventory (use inventory for creating lists to run errands)
Keep light bulb inventory
Change light bulbs
Sort, wash, load and unload laundry
Iron and press clothing and linens
Sort, fold and put away clean laundry
Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements to principal
Wash dishes and clean kitchen according to agreed hygiene standards
Clean appliances
Manage dry cleaning, dry cleaning inventory and inspect clothing and linens upon return
Run errands (e. g., dry cleaner, seamstress, florist, dropping off donations, etc.)
Declutter and organizational projects
Take items for donation, as directed by principal
Clean entryway of home
Care for indoor/outdoor plants
Polish silver
Cleaning up and organizing outdoor living spaces (e.g., rooftops, decks, balconies, etc.)
Assistance with preparing basic/easy breakfast for children in the morning before school
Assistance with dogs (e.g., vet appointments, grooming appointments, walking, feeding, cleaning food/water bowls, etc.)
Minimal assistance with entertaining (e.g., preparation for event, helping during event, clean up, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS:

Understand the importance of maintaining discretion (confidentiality agreement is required)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos along with ability to write simple correspondence
Technology proficient (e. g., email and text messages for communication, etc.)
Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel and bend
Professional with good attitude, hard working and pleasant to be around
Collaborative to work with other domestic employees (e.g., full-time nanny/house manager)
High energy level
Active and fit
Discreet and calm demeanor
REQUIREMENTS:

5-10+ years of full-time housekeeper experience with one consistent family
Minimum of two or more references from domestic positions
Eligible to work in the United States
Seeking longevity (e.g., 2-5+ year commitment)
Live a close proximity to family's residence in Lake Forest
Fluent in English
Safe vehicle for transportation to get to and from work daily
Driver's license and clean driving record
Willing to run extensive background checks, motor vehicle checks and drug tests
Willing to get vaccinations (e.g., MMR, TDap, Flu Shot)
Comfortable with two Golden Retriever dogs
COMPENSATION:

$70K+ gross annual salary (based on background and experience)
Overtime gross rate for hours worked over 40 hours per week
$400-500 per month gross health insurance stipend
Two weeks (10 days) paid vacation
Seven government holidays paid: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas
Three sick days paid
Discretionary annual bonus and raise (performance evaluation required)
Please read the job description carefully and kindly apply with your cover letter, resume, references (email address and phone number) and letter(s) of recommendation if you feel that you meet all of the requirements. Submit through our website at Strollers and Stilettos - Job Opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year

Experience:

full-time private housekeeper: 5 years (Required)
License:

Driver's license and clean driving record (Required)
Language:

English (Required)
Work authorization:

United States (Required)

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
$80k is hardly worth that. Fuck that. Did you guys even read it?

It's essentially doing all the shit you do after work, but as work..... :dunno:

I know one thing, they say mechanics cars are the worst cause they dont want to work on their own shit, I guarantee whoever does that job isnt going to want to clean when they get home. :bowrofl:

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I can tell just from the requirements and description that these people are a fucking nightmare to deal with.

A really good friend of mine is a nanny/housekeeper and she pulls in 60-70k a year (not including bonuses). They make decent money but even my friend says that being at someone’s every whim is tedious.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Don't get me wrong, I'd hire
giphy.gif

For $80k/yr and live off ramen

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I totally get why some people choose to be a stay-at-home parent. Sometimes, it just makes sense and is fine when you have a kids that aren't in school yet.

But what drives me crazy is when they defend themselves by mentioning everything they do. "I cook, clean, run errands, drive kids around, do laundry...it's a full time job."

Sure, you could brag that you do all of these things...but working parents work full-time AND do all those things. So does that make them super-parents? I have an acquaintance on FB that used to try and justify how being a stay at home mom is a job. I agree, it could be a full-time job. But what of the folks that do work full time and still manage to run a household?

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
Thanks for the interest guys. If you do know someone qualified please have them apply. I would like to think it’s a fair offer.

It’s just so hard to find good help these days.

Now if you’ll excuse me there’s a hooker with a line of coke on her ass waiting for me in the billiards room.

:s00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info