⌚ The Watch Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Spinning off from a bored thread discussion. GLADIATOR GLADIATOR FESTER665 BADAZZTEALCOBRA Bub Bub

Smart watches vs old man watches, expensive watches, cheap watches, used watches, everything watches! Post pics, ask questions, discuss values, whatever.

Will post mine in the next post

Does TCG have a watch thread? Anyone in this mofo in to watches?

Do calculator watches count?

:wavey:

Big time here. There was a sorta watch enthusiast thread but i can’t remember the title

I’ve thought about creating a fresh thread

Do it! Or I will. I picked up a mille miglia over winter, and have been tempted to stop in to the place I shop to see what they have that's used.

After picking up this Chopard, i'm only buying used stuff anymore. You can't tell the difference and you save thousands

Smart watches actually have the highest market share of any watch type, they're somewhere near 60% if I recall

I just can't get in to them.

If my daily movado ever got crushed I'd consider a garmin fenix 5 plus, but idk, it'd be hard for me to make that switch

Tag makes a smart watch now. Looks sick, but it's priced about 5x higher than it's actually worth. ES

The apple watch is ugly AF to me, not to mention i've had iphone's forever and they're not worth the hype, so i'm not giving apple any of my $$.

By all means go for it. I’ll join the convo for sure.

Nice choice on the MM - I saw the red Zagato version of the MM a few months ago and it looked awesome

Fitbit Ionic checking in. My Bulova hasn't left the watch box since

I have a cheap ESQ (Like $450'ish) when I get dressed up and need to wear a watch which is like once a year, otherwise the Watch4 has been great for me.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Like I mentioned in the other thread, I think everyone should have one nice watch they can wear out as needed, but right now I'm really enjoying my Watch4 and have been seeing more and more people wearing them while dressed up.

The upside of a nice watch is itll always be a nice watch, in 2-3 years my smartwatch will be slow junk compared to Watch6 or Watch7.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I have several watches, most of which are inexpensive for the most part.

I have a couple of G-shocks, one aviation version with sapphire crystal that I wear a few times a week to work and everywhere else.

I have a Movado bold chronograph that was a tick under $1,000 I kept and wear out when I dress up.

Then I have a couple of timex watches I wear to work that have lasted me for years and look good and are super light weight.

Saving up for a watch5 just to have one since they are cool and I like the features they come with.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I've had a daily movado since sometime around 2011, don't have a pic and i'm not currently wearing it but it looks like this (minus the red text)

0606283w_LRG_rgb_Web.jpg

Then as a wedding gift in 2013, my wife got me a rado D-star that I had been looking at. I still love this thing

swa2i4P.jpg

Then there's a story behind this one. I went to get my wife a Tag for her Bday/"push" present last year as a nice gift since she was 8 months pregnant at the time, working her ASS off 55+ hours/week, plus going for her MBA. So I go in there, and they have this used Chopard that I fell in love with. It's a chopard, but inspired by the mille miglia races in italy, so the band looks like a tire. Zomg...perfect. I'd have had to be a total idiot to buy both watches the same day, so I picked hers up and left the Chopard. Ended up telling her about it and showed her a pic and she picked it up as my christmas present. I never expected that.

AvvxyVu.jpg

Reactions: Blood on Blood

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
07301361_FXA.jpg

My ESQ is similar to this one, but with one square by the 12 o'clock logo and not at all the numbers.

It's also not a diamond in it but a square piece of metal thats polished to hell and bent up and reflects like one.

Gotten a bunch of compliments on it for it being as inexpensive as it was.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
So I have quite a few across quite a wide price range. Here’s my standard case (Left to right top to bottom) :

o4ZpVQa.jpg

Citizen Eco Drive Green Stainless
Casio Data Bank circa 1982 (works perfectly)
Pulsar LED circa 1979 (gift from RCA to my dad, works perfectly)
Rado Jubilee
Casio G shock (I have 3 of these, others are floating here somewhere)
Nixon Player
Nixon Time teller all black
Swatch all white
Swatch automatic (lol)
Diesel Basel LED marquee

In my winder case I keep my good ones:

ORvbOL8.jpg

Longines Heritage Classic Gold:

yWFpdmN.jpg

Breitling Avenger Chronograph:

4sRnhRV.jpg

Omega Seamaster Diver 300 SS:

HUeVdVP.jpg

The Omega is nice as it came with but the SS bracelet and the NATO Strap:

TDQFI3S.jpg

Rolex Explorer I 39mm (my favorite everyday watch):

17FRicu.jpg

Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Duo (the masterpiece of my collection and a personal favorite). A perfect example of a fine and unique timepiece:

yXnSidQ.jpg

knOs87b.jpg

I also have a number of parts watches as well as a Waltham Pocket watch that belonged to my great grandfather. He wore that in WW 1 over in Europe. It still works great.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I have expensive taste and no monies...

Right now I rock a Fitbit Blaze with a stainless bracelet as my daily...

I've had a few Fossil Chronograph's over the years

Have an old Heuer Jarama Chronograph that I'd love to sink some money into. Get a new metal bracelet like what originally came on it, and throw a new crystal at it, as you can see it's a bit scratched. Right now, it's got a Tag Heuer leather band, which works well enough. It's my "nice" watch that I'll wear when going someplace nice.

img_5761.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I also have a number of parts watches as well as a Waltham Pocket watch that belonged to my great grandfather. He wore that in WW 1 over in Europe. It still works great.

I have my great Grandfather's Waltham pocket watch also. It still works perfectly, even though it's over 100 years old.

I need to expand my watch collection. Right now I daily wear either a Movado Luno Sport or a Samsung Gear S3.

Thread Info