Straight Pride Parade in Boston

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm putting this in Off Topic because it's more funny than political.

A group that calls itself Super Happy Fun America that was started by 3 straight guys is planning to have a Straight Pride Parade in Boston in August.

It is LGBTQ month in June so there are a lot of Gay Pride Parades going on now.

I think this is pretty funny. The guys sound like they are pushing a little for "straight" rights but they're doing it in an amusing trollish way.

Left is not amused, of course.

Putting history and present-day reality aside—because organizers of the Straight Pride movement appear to be erasing the effects of anti-LGBTQ discrimination on LGBTQ people—a group called Super Happy Fun America is pushing for a “Straight Pride Parade” this summer in Boston.

According to their website, “Super Happy Fun America is committed to creating spaces for people of all identities to embrace the vibrancy of the straight community. We believe that true diversity is only possible when people of all sexual orientations are free to celebrate their lifestyles.”

Which may just sound fine in theory—let’s all support each other, right? But don’t they seem to be missing the entire point of LGBTQ Pride? The hard work of the ongoing fight for equal-rights, for example, isn’t aimed to give special rights to discriminated groups (LGBTQ people, in this case) over the status quo (straight people, in this case) but to ensure that all groups share the same rights. Isn’t every day “Straight Pride Day” pretty much everywhere already, after all?

Mark Sahady, vice president of Super Happy Fun America, a group organized by three men who claim to advocate “on behalf of the straight community,” announced that the parade is tentatively scheduled for Aug. 31. Sahady included a proposed parade route that mirrors the path of the LGBT Pride Parade that takes place on Saturday.

“We will have the streets closed and be allowed floats and vehicles,” Sahady wrote in a Facebook post. “This is our chance to have a patriotic parade in Boston as we celebrate straight pride.”

Sahady claimed he filed a discrimination complaint with the city and that officials are now working with the group on the event. City officials confirmed the group has contacted them, but they haven’t received the permits required to host a parade.

Super Happy Fun America pushes for “Straight Pride Parade” in Boston | Boston Spirit Magazine

iu

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
As much as I support LGBTQ (whatever else there is these day) rights and equality, I've always thought the parades were weird. Why have a parade to celebrate who you like to have sex with?

But if we've accepted gay parades...I feel like we have to accept straight parades.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Let me preface this...

If you are LGBTQCISWHATEVER, more power to you. I don't care. I don't agree with it, but I don't care...

If you're a guy and you like to gargle on some other guys' nutsack or get pounded in the ass by another guy, have at it.

If you transsomething or other and you're confused about which bathroom to use. Fine! That's your problem, not mine.

With that said, I think the issue comes in when the general majority, that really doesn't subscribe to these choices of sexual preference or gender orientation, and has had to have these belief's and/or viewpoints shoved down their throats with parades, rainbows and my little pony's consistently.

So why can't those people (Straight), have an equivalent parade, celebrating their heterosexuality?

If you (not anyone here personally), can have your pride parade to celebrate whatever it is you are/want to be/identify as, so can the people that come with the standard male/female parts that they're supposed to be identified with and like members of the opposite sex, they should be able to do so equally.

Again, fuck on with whoever you want. I don't care. All I know is that I LOVE pussy!

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
With that said, I think the issue comes in when the general majority, that really doesn't subscribe to these choices of sexual preference or gender orientation, and has had to have these belief's and/or viewpoints shoved down their throats with parades, rainbows and my little pony's consistently.

being gay isn't a "belief" or "viewpoint" though and no one is trying to force you to adopt it while having a parade, just celebrating their differences and accomplishments right? so while you don't care who they bang why bother to care if they have a parade? it's pretty easy to not care about that either.

So why can't those people (Straight), have an equivalent parade, celebrating their heterosexuality?

ignoring that it's not really different and you didn't have to group together to try and get some basic rights and acceptance or at least tolerance as a whole, arguably because you've never had a day in your entire life where you woke up thinking wow, i'd really like to celebrate how great it is that i am heterosexual, with a parade at that?

i mean not that i care that these guys have a parade, but they only want one to troll that the other parades exist, right? i'll happily go on and ignore both parades. although the gay pride one would probably actually be amusing enough to go see some time.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I think the general rule of thumb is that the only people that can be proud of who they are, are the people that have perceived themselves to be marginalized.

Even with that as my opinion, I feel like they are only having a 'straight pride' parade to ruffle feathers.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004

Yes, I'm sick of seeing this shit forced on us everywhere. On most TV shows these days, there always has to be a token gay couple written into the story. Even on the new Star Trek TV show, they just had to include a homo gay couple. Really, enough of this shit. Captain Kirk never gargled any guys balls and in fact he banged every woman he could get his hands on, even the green skinned ones.

Unfortunately, schools are brainwashing our kids into believing it's all normal.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I think the general rule of thumb is that the only people that can be proud of who they are, are the people that have perceived themselves to be marginalized.

You insensitive prick, don't you know that's offensive to women seeing it as the rule of thumb was you can beat your wife with a stick no bigger than your thumb!?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Why have a parade to celebrate who you like to have sex with?

I think that would be half the point of any such parade is to brag that you're getting some effectively.

Yes, I'm sick of seeing this shit forced on us everywhere. On most TV shows these days, there always has to be a token gay couple written into the story. Even on the new Star Trek TV show, they just had to include a homo gay couple. Really, enough of this shit. Captain Kirk never gargled any guys balls and in fact he banged every woman he could get his hands on, even the green skinned ones.

Unfortunately, schools are brainwashing our kids into believing it's all normal.

That would probably make Kirk a pansexual technically. Like Lando. I mean, do you think those aliens no matter how female looking have conventional naughty bits. :rofl:

Then again you also have to wonder how intergalactic child support works too.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

i don't need a token gay in every show i watch either, but shouldn't a star trek paying homage to the original one have one? john cho playing an openly gay sulu while george takei lived as a closeted gay man while playing sulu ruffles your feathers??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info