Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And this is apparently his 35,000sq ft house..

vsgQjIa.jpg

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
It is sickening what some people will claim to be doing in the name of religion. And any idiot that donates to this cause should have their head checked. And people wonder why so many are suspicious of how the church spends money. He could fly coach and spread the same message. That money could be spent on feeding/housing many, many people in poverty.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
This is no different than Joel GOD DAMN millionaire Olsteen. Just lives a life of absolute luxury whilst all of the people just pour money into his pockets. God doesn't exist, there is no such thing, science will prove it over and over again. There's no miracles, there's science.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
This is no different than Joel GOD DAMN millionaire Olsteen. Just lives a life of absolute luxury whilst all of the people just pour money into his pockets. God doesn't exist, there is no such thing, science will prove it over and over again. There's no miracles, there's science.

I didn't realize how ridiculous this guy was until I moved down to Houston. His church is located in an old basketball stadium. It's MASSIVE. And this dude turned people away during Harvey. Until the media got wind of it and he felt the pressure and eventually opened the doors.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
:rofl: yeah, these televangelists are straight up con artists. Scamming weak minded people and can get away with it because it falls under the protected umbrella of "religion".

my favorite is Peter Popoff's miracle spring water that you drink and then you GET CHECKS IN THE MAIL.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Does Olsteen require a tithe for the members of his church?

I don't doubt that he also pays a tithe, the problem is that 10% for a family that only makes $50k has a significant more impact that Osteen tithing 10% of $10M. He'll just have to skip buying that 3rd beach house whereas that family will have to skip replacing their 20 year-old beater car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info