Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Because modern ad blocking (like ublock) will be going bye bye.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateof...n-chrome-users-a-reason-to-switch-to-firefox/

Google is planning to restrict modern ad blocking Chrome extensions to enterprise users only, according to 9to5Google. This is despite a backlash to an announcement by Google in January proposing changes that will stop current ad blockers from working efficiently.

It’s important to note that the changes won’t stop all ad blockers from working, but exactly who is affected isn’t totally clear. Google sent me a statement by email, which reads:*“Chrome supports the use and development of ad blockers. We’re actively working with the developer community to get feedback and iterate on the design of a privacy-preserving content filtering system that limits the amount of sensitive browser data shared with third parties.”*

If you're an enterprise user, you won't have this issue.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Firefox "accidentally" broke all extensions, especially adblocking, earlier this month but "fixed" it after the backlash. I'd stay away from FF as that browser has been shit for years.

Actually appalled that tinfoil, of all people, would recommend using FF.
The revamped one runs well. I haven't had any issues with extensions, but if they do, it'll get dumped .

Its best on Android because it's basically full blown desktop browser. Even runs desktop extensions on android

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
what about my stored credit card number?!!? I have to memorize the damn 16 digit number now!!

Funniest story about this is my buddy who was in college ordered so much from Jimmy Johns he was on the phone with them one day. He starts rattling off his CC # and the person completed it for him! Totally priceless.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I guess I don't have issues either way. I use Chrome simply because it's much faster than IE/Edge and it seems to work better, especially here at work, going to work portals.

Any ads that come up on a site I may be on, I just ignore anyway, so again, no cares.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info