Wonder how much trash was left up there...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
s4B10Kc.jpg

qvs2LKV.jpg

5sjJ2l7.jpg

Thats Mt Everest by the way.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
There is supposed to be a minimum amount of garbage that each climber is supposed to bring back with them. Whatever governing body says the average weight of garbage someone generates, each climber needs to bring that back down the mountain. I don't know how they enforce it, or what penalties may be imposed.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I don't believe they take much up with them when going for the summit. The camps have sherpa taking things up and down with them. So like mentioned, the waste is probably not that bad at all. Other than human waste maybe?

Lolol and they wonder why so many people die up there. Fucking traffic jam

I think they said 11 people died so far this year. Sounds like the traffic jam is mainly to blame. People are stuck in the "death zone" with no oxygen.

It doesn't seem to be a schedule for different teams. So they all want to go at the best chance of making the summit.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I don't believe they take much up with them when going for the summit. The camps have sherpa taking things up and down with them. So like mentioned, the waste is probably not that bad at all. Other than human waste maybe?

Ya, totally not bad.

A team started a clean up imitative back in April I think..pretty sure I read that they had collected like 5,000 POUNDS of trash.

Edit: Correction, almost 7,000
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/asia/mount-everest-trash-cleanup-scli-intl/index.html

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So... When does the first oxygen tank station/Kwik-E-Mart (like a gas station), open up along one of the trails/ascents? Then have a chain of them as you go higher... The cost gets more and more.

You could retire a billionaire with all these fools.

hqdefault.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
First of all, NOPE. Have traffic jams always been an issue there? I hear the summit gets overcrowded too, very little space to take your FB selfie without risk of falling :rofl:

I think I remember watching a documentary years ago on the climbers and that mountain. I think it said in the late 70's companies started selling trips with guides to get you up the mountain. I think that made it more "cost effective" to take a shot at it. Before that the cost was so high most climbers needed sponsors or be very rich to set up a trip. These trips also probably gave climbers hope that they could actually make it to the top. And as others say these groups making money setting up trips more companies popped up offering the same services.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
And most of Earth would have to stop murdering most of the African wildlife population too.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2019/05/29/elephant-hunting-botswana-newday-mckenzie-pkg-vpx.cnn

African country with the most elephants ends hunting ban
New Day

Botswana is overturning a ban, implemented in 2014, meant to protect elephants from hunters and poachers. Now Boatswain officials are pushing forward while conservationists are pushing back. CNN's David McKenzie reports. Source: CNN

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I think I remember watching a documentary years ago on the climbers and that mountain. I think it said in the late 70's companies started selling trips with guides to get you up the mountain. I think that made it more "cost effective" to take a shot at it. Before that the cost was so high most climbers needed sponsors or be very rich to set up a trip. These trips also probably gave climbers hope that they could actually make it to the top. And as others say these groups making money setting up trips more companies popped up offering the same services.

The movie Everest goes through and explains a lot of it, and the culture of the guided tours up the mountian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info