8 minutes of river rafting fails

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Any of you guys ever rafted the Wolf River at Big Smokey Falls?

It's on Indian reservation land and those fuckin Indians give you a raft, a life jacket, and an oar and send you on your way. Lazy river for 90% of the way...buy some serious rapids that other 10%! First time I did it I was hammered out of my mind, heard a buzzing far away...then saw the mist....then went face first down a ~5 foot waterfall.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
Any of you guys ever rafted the Wolf River at Big Smokey Falls?

It's on Indian reservation land and those fuckin Indians give you a raft, a life jacket, and an oar and send you on your way. Lazy river for 90% of the way...buy some serious rapids that other 10%! First time I did it I was hammered out of my mind, heard a buzzing far away...then saw the mist....then went face first down a ~5 foot waterfall.
Multiple times. Soooo fun. Except the time we went and the River was at stage three. They close it at stage four. Sketchy af. The older I get the less desire I have to do it again :rofl:

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Multiple times. Soooo fun. Except the time we went and the River was at stage three. They close it at stage four. Sketchy af. The older I get the less desire I have to do it again :rofl:

Me too! Not sure I'd do it anymore to be honest.

I went rafting in Oregon with a guide, and the dude was like...ok, some decent rapids coming up...they ended up being nothing compared to the Wolf River. I told him about the Wolf River...and he told me it was dumb as hell to do what we were doing there LOL!

But man...when I was in my early 20's...holy shit was it fun!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info