TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Last edited:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I actually don't see too many cops on the Dan Ryan that often. But I don't drive in there often.

Things have changed since I lived there, then. I was on the Dan Ryan often and there were cops radaring and driving all over. My first cop looking for a bribe happened on 79th street right by the Dan Ryan.

It's sad that one of the most famous highways in Chicago could have this going on without any police notice.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Aren't there like a dozen marked cops on the Dan Ryan at any time?

How can 1 of them not see this? How can it not be called in? How can they not catch the kids?

Talk about dangerous.

I used to commute daily as well as drive downtown and back at all different times, and I honestly never ever saw troopers. I'd see CPD here and there, but I promise you they'd see these little shits and jump off at the next exit. Not worth the paperwork.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

How can 1 of them not see this? How can it not be called in? How can they not catch the kids?

Talk about dangerous.

Aside from them being like 10 people drive those all over by me, they were probably doing the speed limit I don’t see a big problem, I was driving a dirt bike down the road when I was in 5th grade almost every day granted not in much traffic but still

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt

Talk about dangerous.

I actually don't see too many cops on the Dan Ryan that often. But I don't drive in there often.

I was on the Dan Ryan tonight and saw no cops. Outside of rush hour, the Dan Ryan has no speed limit and anything goes.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Aside from them being like 10 people drive those all over by me, they were probably doing the speed limit I don’t see a big problem, I was driving a dirt bike down the road when I was in 5th grade almost every day granted not in much traffic but still
Mostly agree, except the Dan Ryan is probably one of the worst places to do it on. Cars doing 90+ and lots of merging. You get hit in one of those things at those speeds and it's probably lights out.

I'd laugh my ass off and give them a thumbs up as I passed if I saw them.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I almost never see cops on the Dan Ryan. I’m thankful too. Cops sitting and shooting radar slow down traffic unnecessarily. At least anywhere near rush hour.

Drive in the lane appropriate for your speed and it takes care of itself.

I’ve been passed in the fast lane going 90+ numerous times though. People drive straight up stupid on the DR.

A few weeks ago I saw a guy ripping a four wheeler down Madison past the United center. Thought that was pretty ballsy for the area

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info