Fully renovated house in Sleepy Hollow

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Spent a solid chunk of last year renovating this beast.

35 year architecture roof to the brand new asphalt drive and concrete walk ways.. Just lowered the price 10k so come get it. Huge 2.5 car deep garage. 90 seconds from 90/randall. $5k taxes

https://www.redfin.com/IL/Sleepy-Hollow/114-Hilltop-Ln-60118/home/17023518

item_11.jpg

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
It was a foreclosure the wife bought then rented it out to her family for 3 years (in that condition). I bought it from her (were not legally married) to then flip it, but the amount of time/money I put in with these price drops isn't leaving much profit. The guy DIRECTLY next door paid $253k for the same sqft/bedrooms/bath and was a full renovation hes still working on years later. The other neighbor close by wants $289k without major updates.

Very close to renting it out.. there wont' be any more price drops.. $1750ish should rent out this brand new house all day.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
What do you think you'd rent it out for in that area? The general rule is 1% of property sale price or greater makes for a good rental. So if it's 250k would you be able to make $2500/month for rent? Tax, insurance, mortgage all factor in of course.

Great looking house btw. I like what you did with it.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
What do you think you'd rent it out for in that area? The general rule is 1% of property sale price or greater makes for a good rental. So if it's 250k would you be able to make $2500/month for rent? Tax, insurance, mortgage all factor in of course.

Great looking house btw. I like what you did with it.

1750-2200 is my guess on rent but I very well may be relocating to the Lake Tahoe area still yet. I almost wanted to move to this house and sell mine vacant but I would be epic upset every single day it didn't sell and sat there at that tax rate. It's golf cart and pool season now so when it does go on the market (maybe next spring) I'll be living in it with kids and dogs and all.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Little bit of fb garage sale group marketing did the trick.. have one formal offer I'm entertaining but lots of showings scheduled anyone showing up unrepresented (no buyers agent, but my agent will do the walk through) will have the 1.5% savings I will pass on directly as the NET is the same to me vs any offer I get that has a buyers agent.

FX0xCxa.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info