What is your mid life crisis going to be?

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
So lets hear it for those that hit their mid life crisis already or those that are planning on it. Did you buy a boat, car, RV, mail order bride, jetski's. What is it? Maybe you are going to take that epic road trip you always wanted to or plunk down money on that rare guitar that costs bookoo bucks.

Here are the top 20 things men buy during a midlife crisis to give you some ideas:

1. A holiday
2. A new gadget
3. A sports car
4. Designer clothes
5. A motorbike
6. Tickets to a concert or gig
7. A new tattoo
8. A trip traveling around the world
9. A gym membership
10. An Xbox/PlayStation/Games console
11. A designer watch
12. Tickets to a music festival
13. Major renovations to your home
14. Expensive or vintage alcohol
15. Sex toys
16. A new house/property
17. A new hairstyle/colour
18. A musical instrument
19. A new, expensive bike
20. Jewellery

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/th...-stuff-men-buy-during-a-mid-life-crisis-74586

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Most likely some over the top car or quite a few vacations. Feel like I already had a miniature one after my dad passed. Sometimes now I worry less about the money and if we want to go on a trip just freaking do it and enjoy the experience.

Can’t take it with you when you go.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I worry less about the money and if we want to go on a trip just freaking do it and enjoy the experience.

Can’t take it with you when you go.
This is exactly how I live/approach life.
I tell all my cheap fucking friends that are afraid to spend a extra dollar. When you die you cant take it with. Might as well enjoy it while your here.

Example: Guy I know is a union electrician, works every Saturday of the year and any other overtime he can get. Single, no kids and owns a nice home but not an over the top home. Drives a Durango thats paid off. He is the CHEAPEST MFer I know and we all let him know how cheap he is. Went on vacation with us 1 year, and wont do it again because not only did the vacation cost him like $1400, but he lost XXXX amount of dollars not working. This same guy will brag about how much money he has in the bank, but imo he is a miserable fuck.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Example: Guy I know is a union electrician, works every Saturday of the year and any other overtime he can get. Single, no kids and owns a nice home but not an over the top home. Drives a Durango thats paid off. He is the CHEAPEST MFer I know and we all let him know how cheap he is. Went on vacation with us 1 year, and wont do it again because not only did the vacation cost him like $1400, but he lost XXXX amount of dollars not working. This same guy will brag about how much money he has in the bank, but imo he is a miserable fuck.
I literally know the EXACT same person except he is a union sheet metal worker. One of my best buds. Dude brags about having hundreds of thousands in his retirement accounts, on top of the pension he will get...but he is miserable as fuck because he never spends a penny on himself now. He honestly called me up from the car dealer for advice and made me talk him into financing the F150 he bought...because it was 0% interest. He went in with a $40k cashiers check, thought taking a loan out for something was ridiculous. This was last year when his 2002 Chevy 2500 finally rusted a hole through the floor so he decided to pony up for a new truck.

He calls the rest of us crazy when we buy cool shit. I tell him he can enjoy his solid gold casket when he dies.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This is exactly how I live/approach life.
I tell all my cheap fucking friends that are afraid to spend a extra dollar. When you die you cant take it with. Might as well enjoy it while your here.

I literally know the EXACT same person except he is a union sheet metal worker. One of my best buds. Dude brags about having hundreds of thousands in his retirement accounts, on top of the pension he will get...but he is miserable as fuck because he never spends a penny on himself now. He honestly called me up from the car dealer for advice and made me talk him into financing the F150 he bought...because it was 0% interest. He went in with a $40k cashiers check, thought taking a loan out for something was ridiculous. This was last year when his 2002 Chevy 2500 finally rusted a hole through the floor so he decided to pony up for a new truck.

He calls the rest of us crazy when we buy cool shit. I tell him he can enjoy his solid gold casket when he dies.
I feel like people like this have to be absolutely terrified when retirement time comes, like they're going to worry themselves to death when it comes to finances or just work until they die.

Shitty way to live

Either of them want to adopt me?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Define “mid-life”?

I’m 45 with a 20 month old son and I have 9 years to sell my house and get the blazing hell out of Elgin school district (and U46). My midlife crisis will be trying to figure out how to work as much as possible so I can retire a few days before my funeral instead of a few days after.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
When you say those two guys are miserable, how do you know that? It may seem miserable to you, but to them, they may be perfectly happy because they don't have to worry about life once they are unable to work anymore.

I WISH I had this miserableness... I'll be the guy working till he's in the grave.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info