What to do with this injured mouse

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
My cat started intently staring at the exercise bike. So I knew something got inside.

But I couldn't see it, so I figured the cat would catch it eventually.

However, when it finally got out, I thought great, now I can catch the mouse and release it far outside. Except, this little guy is YOUNG. And very injured. The eye is a goner, and its bleeding from the nose. its head looks like it was crushed.

I tried to see if there was a humane way I could euthanize it at home. So I started looking. But unless I had access to CO2, all the options available to me at home are considered inhumane.

At this point, I'm thinking the most humane thing is to simply release the inured guy outside and let nature decide if it lives, dies, or is eaten.

https://youtu.be/pZ5NqoqhzOQ

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I'm crying right now. I watched the mouse grow less and less active. I had considered trying to let it survive the night, and as cruel as that seemed take it to a vet tomorrow. Earlier when it was trying to walk around the back legs were sluggish and it couldn't move them well at all.

After a while, I couldn't bear to watch it die a slow death considering I could see how much pain it was in.

I looked up the fastest way, the only way I had access to was cervical dislocation. Either by pinning the head, and pulling on the spine with a twist to break the neck. I didn't think I could do that and do it right on the first try.

The other method was placing a rod behind the head over the neck, and basically severing it with force as fast as possible to break it.

I placed the rod over the back of the neck, just hovering. It didn't even react. Then I slammed my hand down on the other side of the rod. The rod went all the way to the table. I know I broke the neck, crushed the spinal column completely on the firs try. But I'm still crying because I had to watch its body spasm for seconds.

I don't want to do this again, ever.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Funny how hand in hand lack of education and lack of compassion goes..

Yea they eat shit and tear up shit. Their an animal, is it their fault they were born to be what they are? I'm sure they'd much rather have been a dog...

They don't need to suffer because they are doing what their natural instinct is... To live.....

But you guys see it as they purposely chew up your shit :rofl:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I'm crying right now. I watched the mouse grow less and less active. I had considered trying to let it survive the night, and as cruel as that seemed take it to a vet tomorrow. Earlier when it was trying to walk around the back legs were sluggish and it couldn't move them well at all.

After a while, I couldn't bear to watch it die a slow death considering I could see how much pain it was in.

I looked up the fastest way, the only way I had access to was cervical dislocation. Either by pinning the head, and pulling on the spine with a twist to break the neck. I didn't think I could do that and do it right on the first try.

The other method was placing a rod behind the head over the neck, and basically severing it with force as fast as possible to break it.

I placed the rod over the back of the neck, just hovering. It didn't even react. Then I slammed my hand down on the other side of the rod. The rod went all the way to the table. I know I broke the neck, crushed the spinal column completely on the firs try. But I'm still crying because I had to watch its body spasm for seconds.

I don't want to do this again, ever.
It sucks but at least it was only a mouse.

I had my dog catch a big ass groundhog, broke its back but was still alive and couldn't move. Had to end its suffering with a shovel and it wasn't fun. It was like killing a small dog. Sucked for sure.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff

Yea they eat shit and tear up shit. Their an animal, is it their fault they were born to be what they are? I'm sure they'd much rather have been a dog...

They don't need to suffer because they are doing what their natural instinct is... To live.....

better thing twice next time you smash a spider, bruh.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

tenor.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info