Colorado? Ever been?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I really enjoyed Mt. Crested Butte when I went there... Rented ATV's for a day and went out riding for awhile, just nice to get out and not have a ton of people everywhere. I'm betting its packed during ski season though.

Stayed in Denver a few times, stayed at a friends in Parker, stayed with relatives in Evergreen, stayed in Winter Park, etc...

It's one of the places that I actually enjoy just getting out and getting away from everyone.... I could definitely live out there and it would be on the short list of places to move to for me.

Go see Estes Park, if you like gambling go hit up Blackhawk, We went rafting at Royal Gorge, it was a great trip, etc....

https://whitewater.net/rafting-canon-city-colorado/

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
We didnt do the whole nightlife thing. Just did some tourist shit including hitting a few dispensaries. Went to the top of Mt Evans, and did another smaller mountain, downtown Golden area was cool. Had an awesome time and would go back. If your renting a car, use Turo. I had a nice new Pathfinder for half of what the rental car agencies wanted.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Denver is a great central location with a lot going on down town. Colorado Springs has more sight seeing but is an odd odd place and not a lot of night action (unless you’re into sketchy)

Literally thousands of trails out here to hike/ride/run/etc but keep in mind most people can’t handle much of it. They just changed hanging lake trail from first come first serve to $12 tickets you have to get in advance. It’s an incredibly steep hike but well worth the effort for the views and now you can actually park and do it where as before it was near impossible.

Mt Evans is a great drive with great views especially if you take the back roads to get there vs i70.

Pikes peak is also a great drive with great views and you can couple it with garden of the gods and/or st Mary’s falls or seven bridges trails in Cheyenne mountain.

Honestly, Rocky Mountain national park isn’t the greatest. Always packed, people are inconsiderate dicks with litter and whatnot and you can see better views elsewhere. It’s the better part of an entire day too because it’s a fuck ton of driving.

The museums and zoo in Denver are top notch. You can donate and go to the animal sanctuary out east which is full of rescued big cats, bears, etc (and they need money for their move way down south).

You could also head to Moab if you wanted as it’s a 6 hour drive from Denver though middle of summer will be a scorcher. The national parks out there are amazing too.

Every mountain town from vail to estes park are all similar. Bunch of small shops selling over priced tourist stuff. Summer doesn’t offer a heck of a lot to do but there are zip line tours and gondola rides at most ski places like breck, vail, copper, granby.

Any more outdoor activity questions just ask. I don’t do the bar/party/night life thing so can’t help there.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Go out west of Denver to Glenwood Springs. Pretty cool amusement park/cave tours. They have gravity coasters and stuff that swings out over the mountain sides. It was a good time.

www.glenwoodcaverns.com
This is also where hanging lake is

colorado-hanging-lake-glenwood-springs.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I spent a week in Colorado Springs for a business trip. Not much to do around there. The weather was awesome though. I was there in July and despite the warm temps, it was very comfortable because the air is so dry there. If you're not careful you will dehydrate yourself because you don't notice that you're sweating. Any moisture evaporates very quickly.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I spent a week in Colorado Springs for a business trip. Not much to do around there. The weather was awesome though. I was there in July and despite the warm temps, it was very comfortable because the air is so dry there. If you're not careful you will dehydrate yourself because you don't notice that you're sweating. Any moisture evaporates very quickly.
:rofl: there’s a fuck ton of things to do in Colorado Springs

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Born in Golden, but we moved out before I could really remember (2-3 years old). We went back when I was in my early teens, and it was cool. Did some whitewater rafting, visited some friends, did some of the alpine slides. Been wanting to go back ever since. Shit, if I had to opportunity, would think about moving out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info