daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
nice shootin, Tex!

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...ago-the-loop-ida-b-wells-drive-509102981.html

A 41-year-old man driving a BMW told investigators that a 22-year-old man driving a Volkswagen rear-ended his vehicle, officials said.

The BMW driver told police that he left his car to see the damage and when he went back to retrieve his cell phone, the other driver approached him with a handgun and demanded his keys, pushing him into the car.

Top News: Leader of Sri Lanka Attacks Died in Blast: Police[NATL] Top News Photos: Leader of Sri Lanka Attacks Died in Blast: PoliceManish Swarup/AP
Both men were in the vehicle when the BMW driver, who has a concealed-carry license, told police he got his own handgun from inside the car and shot the other man in the head.

The 22-year-old man was taken to Stroger Hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to Chicago police.

The Cook County medical examiner's office could not immediately confirm the fatality and further details, including his identity, were not available.

The BMW driver was taken into custody for questioning, according to police. It was not immediately clear if any charges would be filed in the case, and the investigation into the incident remained ongoing.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Excellent outcome. I hope he doesn't have too much trouble cleaning the blood / brains off of his upholstery.

However:

the BMW driver, who has a concealed-carry license, told police he got his own handgun from inside the car and shot the other man in the head.

Just a friendly reminder to always keep your tools on your person.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Will be curious about why they arrested the driver of the other car. Could be anything from Cook Co. Railroading to this was actually a road rage incident and they drew down on each other. Supposedly a "bump and carjack" is pretty common though.

That said, what's the pool on the guy who got shot having a long criminal record and/or being out on some sort of bail or supervised release?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Will be curious about why they arrested the driver of the other car. Could be anything from Cook Co. Railroading to this was actually a road rage incident and they drew down on each other. Supposedly a "bump and carjack" is pretty common though.

That said, what's the pool on the guy who got shot having a long criminal record and/or being out on some sort of bail or supervised release?

I was kind of curious too. I'm sure they wanted to question him about what happened, but do they normally arrest people for that?

If I were driving around the city at 3:15am, the last thing I'd do would be to get out of my car before the police arrive. I would also bet the deceased man had a lengthy record.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
They arrested the driver because he shot the carjacker. If you shoot someone you are going to jail and will be tried for murder? regardless if he had a CCW and it was self defense. Just need to hope the justice system is in your favor and settles on what is lawful. Criminal charges will be most likely dismissed for the driver but he also probably have a civil case brought onto him from the shitbags family. "Tyrone was a good kid, he was just stealing cars to provide for his family and he was wrongfully killed"

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Are you sure about that? I don't believe you go to jail on the spot unless the police have suspicion to believe you're guilty of a crime. They will undoubtedly take you in for questioning.

Didn't Zimmerman get released on his own cognizance after shooting Treyvon? Wasn't it only after the police received pressure from the governor that he was arrested?

The police chief said that Zimmerman was released because there was no evidence to refute Zimmerman's claim of having acted in self-defense, and that under Florida's Stand Your Ground statute, the police were prohibited by law from making an arrest.[18]

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...st-george-zimmerman-in-trayvon-martin/1222259

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I am not an attorney just going by what firearms instructors have told me. You shoot someone you are going to jail until your case can he heard by a judge. (So be prepared for that) I'm sure everyone claims self defense when they kill someone. The police are not just going to let someone go home after simple questioning when there is a death involved. You can and will be prosecuted if there is enough evidence against you.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
If the police believe that it was truly self-defense, they do let that person go home. I'm sure it's not a five minute questioning. But they don't arrest you unless they think it wasn't self-defense.

I would think that would deter people from shooting in self-defense...knowing that they could be in jail for a long time before the case is ever heard in court.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info