I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Huge fire in Lakewood CO going on right now

3 semi trucks and probably half a dozen cars. It’s escalated VERY quickly

https://kdvr.com/2019/04/25/major-f...oses-i-70-in-both-directions-in-lakewood/amp/

Better with live feed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.9n...entId=73-ec7ae64a-7183-49c7-8707-28138b86fce3

fire7.jpeg

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
https://www.twitter.com/WestMetroFi...32250.ampproject.net/1904200955460/frame.html
https://www.twitter.com/WestMetroFire/status/1121598960982999041
This clown got footage of the truck that caused the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmfKN3hT05c

The crash involved 12 cars and three semis, according to Lakewood police. Six people from the crash and resulting fire were taken to a hospital. Lakewood police tweeted at 9 p.m. that there were multiple fatalities in the crash. A specific number was not provided.Lakewood police, firefighters and other emergency personnel responded after receiving a call at 4:50 p.m., Lakewood police spokesman Ty Countryman said.

A West Metro Fire Rescue firefighter was injured by an explosion, fire officials said. The firefighter was hit by debris, likely an exploding tire. His injuries were described as minor.

According to a preliminary investigation, a driver lost control of a semi-truck, resulting in explosions and fire as several vehicles were hit, Countryman said. At least one truck was carrying lumber, and a diesel spill and other fluids added fuel to the fire.

A bridge over the crash site was damaged in the blaze, and engineers from the Colorado Department of Transportation are on hand to check its stability. There is also road damage from the fire.

At 7:15 p.m., officials said the highway would remain closed in both directions for several more hours at least. There’s a chance it will remain closed into Friday morning’s commute.

At about 9 p.m., CDOT announced that westbound lanes are open at Denver West Boulevard with a detour in place. Eastbound lanes, starting at West 6th Avenue, remained closed.

Drivers who used the eastbound stretch of highway are urged to make plans for an alternate route.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I didn't watch that guy's video through, but if you see the yellow sign at the beginning of the video above the highway it says that there's more slopes ahead. I'm wondering if he lost braking.

That said, the other option is that Bandit is crushed after Snowball perished and his load of Coors was lost.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I didn't watch that guy's video through, but if you see the yellow sign at the beginning of the video above the highway it says that there's more slopes ahead. I'm wondering if he lost braking.

That said, the other option is that Band is crushed after Snowball perished and his load of Coors was lost.
The accident was 4 miles from the last steep grade that comes into Golden from Floyd hill. The road is for sure steep there but I don’t know how you don’t use the truck runaway ramps on the way down or figure something out in 4 miles.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
That semi was going way too fast for it to just be a brake failure, plus the guy in the video was in traffic for a while. As previously mentioned, 4 miles is a lot of distance to figure out an alternative way of slowing down. At the very least the jake brake would’ve been screaming if he tried engine braking and you still would have some braking in the rear.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Brake failures don't make sense unless it's like a fucking 90 degree hill. I mean the springs overcome when you lose air so you automatically stop. Also downshifting my God combined with engine brake.... That's like 2x horsepower only back wards(brake hp)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Brake failures don't make sense unless it's like a fucking 90 degree hill. I mean the springs overcome when you lose air so you automatically stop. Also downshifting my God combined with engine brake.... That's like 2x horsepower only back wards(brake hp)

I don't disagree with your logic here but why are there so many truck run off lanes out west then?

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Not an air failure but rather just completely cooked brakes. It’s a steep grade, not sure if you’ve ever been out here but there are some hills.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info