📸 Photography Japan Rally #2 - Tokyo to Kobe

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
I went on another rally over the weekend. Operated by the same group as last time but this one had quite a different dynamic.

Not sure how many of you follow them but Damon and Dave from Daily Driven Exotics joined as well as Steve from Steve’s POV. Steve has an incredible amount of connections in Japan and brought in a lot of locals from not only the Tokyo car scene but also Ishikawa and Kobe.

The rally was a thrill the entire time and hard to believe all of it actually happened after it was done. Made a lot of new friends - probably the most interesting were some of the Lambo owners. I’m not sure why but I expected them to not really be very nice. That was not the case at all. Super cool people and already looking forward to the next one in September.

Put all the stickers on the car again...

IMG_6987.jpg

Started out by driving to Tokyo from my place near Kobe in 6 hours on Friday. Would like to see someone try to beat that. Stopped only once on the way there.
IMG_6990.jpg

The view from rainbow bridge in Tokyo is amazing. Wish I got a better shot of it.
IMG_7010.jpg

Arrived to the Tokyo Bay Hilton and checked in. I didn't know it until I got there but it's basically right next to the Tokyo Disneyland.
IMG_7019.jpg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
More cars began to arrive. IMG_7042.jpg

Steve has connections with the Morohoshi family which means that the Fighting Stars car club was involved. Saw so many Aventador SVs and Tokyo Supercars brought an Aventador SVJ which was totally sick.IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

Under-hood shot of a guy’s SLR.
IMG_7040.jpg

Many of the Aventadors had straight pipes or nearly no exhaust suppression. They would rev the hell out of them and people at the hotel would start freaking out.
IMG_7065.jpg

RR Wraith was sweet.
IMG_7108.jpg

D02123D2-E20B-402C-9C81-E704A2627D59.jpg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Some light snacks and beverages before going out for an evening drive. IMG_7049.jpg

I didn’t get any photos of the parking lot we ended up stopping at and just live streamed a bunch of video on instagram. Will try to pull it and see if I can share it here. Basically it was like out of the fast and furious where they show a huge car meet. Must have been over 100 cars and a lot of different tastes were represented.

Heading out in the morning and going through Tokyo and heading east.
IMG_7119.jpg

Stopped at a rest area on the highway to stretch the legs and get some photos.
IMG_7125.jpg

I actually liked the Pooh Liberty Walk Huracan. Would be fun to drive around and anyone who didn’t like it could be called a hater.
IMG_7121.jpg

LBW GTR
IMG_7123.jpg

One guy’s girlfriend had the 650S. She drove it like a boss as well.
IMG_7132.jpg

IMG_7140.jpg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
IMG_7150.jpg

Absolutely love this car and the color. I need a V12 in my life.
IMG_7154.jpg

IMG_7156.jpg

Heading up to the Hakone Turnpike to get some views of the Sakura and Mt. Fuji.

IMG_7171.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

The Japanese guy with the blonde hair is Morohoshi-san; he's wearing a body/back brace as he just spent a month in the hospital after wrecking another Lambo. Not sure the actual story but apparently it involved an accident with a truck. He was actually really cool and a chill guy.
IMG_7231.jpg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Steve is just a super guy and his Japanese is flawless. Hard to not be in awe when he starts talking. Lady in the photo was cool, she had a LBW Aventador as well. IMG_7302.jpg

Had a tinted clear coat that would slightly change colors and look pink.
IMG_7298.jpg

IMG_7242.jpg

Guy on the left is Conrad - he’s the founder of the WorldXSeries rallies. Terrific guy and a lot of fun.
IMG_7305.jpg

Spent the night in Myoko which is basically in the mountains north of Nagano
IMG_7339.jpg

About a dozen cars met up with us at the hotel in the morning.
IMG_7330.jpg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Took the Huracan Avio down to the beach. It’s one of 250. IMG_7443.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

IMG_7436.jpg

Rallying takes lots of fuel...
IMG_7463.jpg

At one of the rest stops we saw a guy walking around with a black jacket that said Police on it. We followed him to see if he was driving an undercover car or was going to cause us some trouble. Walked over and saw this - looks like some guy was getting shook down for something and his van.
IMG_7466.jpg

After that stop we had around 3 hours left to go before the finish line in Kobe. The group got split up and it started pouring rain. Damon and Dave and I were traveling together and Damon had to make a pit stop. There were no rest stations nearby so we just pulled off the highway at an exit. Unfortunately that cost us around 20 minutes by the time we could get back on the highway so we were no longer first to the hotel. It’s not really a race though and didn’t matter but something similar happened to me the last time too. Will be sure to change my strategy for the next one.
IMG_7469.jpg

When we got to the hotel Steve had a huge crowd waiting for him and there were some low riders and other cars waiting. Steve is such a classy guy; he took the time to not only get photos and signatures for all the people who wanted to - he would spend time talking to the kids and giving them advice on doing good in school and listening to their parents, etc so they could get a supercar some day too. I really cannot say enough good about Steve, he’s just a great person and a sort of ambassador for Japanese people to get to see parts of his life directly in their language.
IMG_7480.jpg

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Pretty cool rally and some bad ass cars . Damn some of those poor riced out supercars . You should have set the LBW gtr on fire , it's very ugly . Nothing worst when it comes to cars then Supercars with redneck pick up truck style slapped on riveted body parts

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info