The Hunt for Red F35

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
We probably already have it back, and just want to see how far Russia and China will go try and find it.

Bring the popcorn and pull up a char to the radar desk, this is gonna be good!

With how quickly a story came out that it was found, one almost has to wonder if the U.S. was a little more involved with Japan and made sure it was found before anyone else knew about it.

Exactly, why are we even allowing Lockheed to sell to other countrys?

Monies. :D Although, those other countries buying them aren't getting the full out version with all the goodies ours have, I still don't want anything falling into either Russia or China's hands. So if our allies can't be trusted to fly them, maintain them, and manage them properly... They shouldn't get them.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Why did they let everyone know they lost it?

Also, so much of the program's intellectual property was stolen by the Chinese that acquiring the real thing may not be as extensively valued as some would think. It would still be a huge intelligence and technological coup, but would it offset the negative repercussions that would come from it? The F-35's F135 engine would most likely be the most valuable component for Beijing. Russia would probably be a different case as they lag behind China in stealth technology and we have not heard that they pilfered the program's secrets via cyber espionage operations like China did. Also, the geopolitical situation between the U.S. and Russia is a bit different than the one between the U.S. and China.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...as-gone-missing-off-of-northern-japan-reports

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
With how quickly a story came out that it was found, one almost has to wonder if the U.S. was a little more involved with Japan and made sure it was found before anyone else knew about it.

Lockheed Martin was probably instrumental in narrowing the search area parameters. The problem with the F35 is not just the radar stealth, but the communications aspect as well. The F35 has a secure data link that cannot be detected externally, except by other F35's or other planes with the data link capability. Lockheed would've been able to use the transmission data, from other F35's in the air, to try and pinpoint a location. Otherwise it would've been nearly impossible to find the plane, especially if it was flying without its radar reflectors.

https://twitter.com/Aviation_Intel/...as-gone-missing-off-of-northern-japan-reports

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I dont have an issue with allies buying military weaponry, however Id like to know what is "supposed" to happen in cases like this. The public will never know but I wonder if there is some way that F35 self destroys or burns software for example if the pilot loses control or can do anything before impact?

Itll be interesting to see what happens with this.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I dont have an issue with allies buying military weaponry, however Id like to know what is "supposed" to happen in cases like this. The public will never know but I wonder if there is some way that F35 self destroys or burns software for example if the pilot loses control or can do anything before impact?

Itll be interesting to see what happens with this.

I recall reading that the U2 pilots had a switch or something for self destructing the plane if it was going down, especially over enemy territory. The pilot that got shot down over Russia didn't have time to pull the trigger, giving the USSR, a nearly complete example, if I remember correctly.

I'd be curious what, if any, self destructing features these 5th gen fighters have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info