Does IL owe you money?

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
A guy at work was showing me this. Says the state is holding onto something around $2.5 billion dollars of unclaimed money.
If your name shows up it says either under or over $100.
When you claim it be sure to put in your SSN even though it's not a required field. I didn't and its asking me to sign papers and have it notarized. Not worth my time for less than $10 but maybe someone else has more

https://icash.illinoistreasurer.gov

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
thanks. i actually know a weird bank i used "INTER NATIONAL BANK" to fund a not exactly legal prediction market (intrade, for political betting - like predictit.org which is legal) had some money which i did not claim/retrieve in a timely fashion.

i figured/hoped it would come up here, as i've been a lazy shit about retrieving it. what's surprising is i have 4 more entries. what's confusing is one of them is also for paypal - MISCELLANEOUS INTANGIBLE PROPERTY - wondering what's up with that.

i've been regressing my adulting so i miss a lot of shit in the mail really. with traveling part of the year and not giving a fuck all of the year, i opened my physical mail exactly 3 times in 2018

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I saw this on Credit Karma or somewhere else. I never did a claim but showed three that were over $100 and one under $100. Only one I recognized was Farmers Insurance. I just went to the site and did the claim. Less than a minute later I got this in an email...

Dear Claimant,
Congratulations! We have reviewed your information and are able to pay your claim Claim ID 7330922 without additional documentation. You will receive payment typically within five to seven days.

Very nice! haha Thanks for the heads up, Gamble.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
it would be nice if there were dates. 52 paypal, no idea what for. 100 from that bank, i believe, a balance i needed to keep? 135 from a capital one investment account, not sure what that is. maybe they bought zecco and eh i just don't remember and thought i actually closed that account? aaaand a few grand from a consumers credit union account, which i thought was still open, despite just straight ignoring all their paper mail the past 5 years.... welp. good find, big thanks now!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Had five different claims totalling $159....

Paranoid about giving out my SS# though so debating just saying "meh" about it.

The state already has your SS number. I'm sure giving them the number helps speed up the verification process.

I received a follow-up email...

"Dear Claimant,
Good news! My office has approved payment of your I-Cash claim. You will receive payment for any cash items from the Illinois Comptroller by mail or direct deposit. Any mutual fund shares or stock are returned within 6-8 weeks. Owners will receive either a stock certificate or a letter from the corporation's transfer agent notifying you how to access your shares.

I pushed for a recently enacted state law that eliminated weeks of waiting by electronically accessing public records to verify identity information. Your claim may have been paid without additional documentation being needed thanks to this new law, and I will continue to push for more ways to streamline claims while still protecting assets.

My office is charged with carefully safeguarding unclaimed property for as long as it takes until we can return it to its rightful owners. Last year, we added more than one million new properties. I encourage you to check each year around your birthday to see if any additional unclaimed property is in our care, and hope we will have more good news for you then.

Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you. I hope your experience with my office has been positive, professional, and efficient. Please take a few moments to complete our online survey here so that we may serve Illinois better. If you have any additional questions regarding your claim, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Michael W. Frerichs"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info