Wireless Earbuds. Whatchu Got?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I've tried sending expensive ones (JBL Free, paid $80) and cheap China ones from amazon Anbes 359 that i paid $30 for

Wireless Earbuds, Anbes 359... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8LWN2G/?tag=tcg21-20

Honestly, both were very comparable and worked just fine. Sounded like a bluetooth headset. I just wouldn't use them for calls that matter but they sounded good for music and podcasts.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ive tried Anker ones, the wired apple ear pods, another set I cant even remember. Then I got a set of Bose QC35s for my work anniversary. I dont care what I look like walking through walmart or Jewel, I sport that shit anywhere and everywhere if I want to listen to something. Plus it tones out the people of walmart. :rofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I wanted a higher end set of earbuds. I read and watched a bunch of reviews. The Jabra Elite 65t seemed to get high scores with sound quality, call quality, functionality, number of functions, comfort, and so on. Both earbuds do have function controls on them. So they are not the smallest style. But compared to Bose and others, they are pretty compact.

I bought the Elite Active 65t. For $20 they have a coating on them to help with staying in place, sweat protection and rapid charging. The Active also includes a motion sensor to use with the app for workout tracking. I have had them for about 5 weeks now. I am really impressed. Music sounds great, call quality is good, they pair to Bluetooth quickly, the features work well, the app is handy, and so on. They took a couple of days for me to get used to wearing them. They felt odd and maybe felt pressure from wearing them for a long time. But I got accustomed to them quickly. But without trying any other earbuds, I can't say I wouldn't have the same experience with them as well.

The only complaint I have is the tips. There are not really any good options for foam tips yet. I put some Comply tips I had on them and they wouldn't fit in the charging case. But honestly, the stock tips don't bother me and seem to seal off outside noise well. Once I found what size tips worked best for me. So it's a small complaint.

https://www.jabra.com/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-active-65t

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BHF993Q/?tag=tcg21-20

tai-nghe-jabra-elite-active-65t-2vifzfyr_1024x1024.jpg

jabra_elite_active.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I have an old pair of Jaybirds BlueBuds X, that still work great after probably 5 years or so of moderate use. I'll probably buy another pair of Jaybirds if this pair ever craps out.

They are discontinued, but Amazon still has some old stock. For $50 these are a steal. I paid $150 for them a few years ago. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AIRUOI8/?tag=tcg21-20

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I have an old pair of Jaybirds BlueBuds X, that still work great after probably 5 years or so of moderate use. I'll probably buy another pair of Jaybirds if this pair ever craps out.

They are discontinued, but Amazon still has some old stock. For $50 these are a steal. I paid $150 for them a few years ago. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AIRUOI8/?tag=tcg21-20

I've also got a pair of Jaybirds, the X3s. Sound awesome and battery lasts forever but pricey.

They apparently have the X4 out now which look to improve on the issues I personally have because my ears are shaped weird.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I like Jabra. But damn.

They are not cheap. But reviews on sound quality were better than the Apple earbuds which are about $150. So only $12 more and Jabra have more features and options.

One of the features that sold me was the Hearthrough feature. I will use the earbuds at work and I can have the Hearthrough on and hear when someone talks to me. The 4 pics pick up ambient sounds and put them thru the earbuds. Also great for using them in public. So you can hear someone say "excuse me" as they want to get by and things of that nature. Double click on the RH earbud pad to turn the feature on and off.

I also wanted a true wireless set. Not one with the cord connecting the two. You can also just use the RH earbud by itself if you choose too.

I am typically a frugal person. I don't go out much or spend money on a day to day basis. This was definitely a splurge for me. But I seem to use them a lot more than my old wired set of earbuds. And being more "minimal", I think lets me fell ok wearing them a lot. Even if it is just the one earbud. But typically both with the Hearthrough on.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I've also got a pair of Jaybirds, the X3s. Sound awesome and battery lasts forever but pricey.

They apparently have the X4 out now which look to improve on the issues I personally have because my ears are shaped weird.

A buddy has the X3 & X4. He said if you have the X3 it probably isn't worth the price to upgrade. But he didn't really have the connectivity issues or skipping that some people complain about with the X3

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
A buddy has the X3 & X4. He said if you have the X3 it probably isn't worth the price to upgrade. But he didn't really have the connectivity issues or skipping that some people complain about with the X3

Yeah, I have that issue quite often with mine now that you mention it. It's really only when my phone is in my pocket and the bluetooth has to travel through my body. But then I can walk 100ft away from my phone and the shit still works perfectly. So. Who knows.

My issue is my ear canals are oddly shaped and no matter what combo of ear hook and ear bud I use, they never stay in my ear longer than a couple minutes. When they ARE in my ear, fuck, they sound so god damn good for such small speakers.

Airpods for me.

Great fit, sound and quality. I can listen for about 6-7 hours straight on higher volume before they die and they charge to full very fast too.

Tried some jaybirds, klipsh and bose ear buds and while the sound was crisp, the bass just wasnt there.

Gotta use the app to adjust the EQ. I begrudgingly installed the app (hate using an app for a fucking hardware connection). These Jaybirds fucking pound, in a good way. Not BEATS type of EQ where the bass is on 11 and everything else is -10. Actual, precise, hard hitting thumps.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I got these for $25 on a lightning sale (they marked them up to $80 first, bastards)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L9PJJX1/?tag=tcg21-20

Been using them for about a month now, have about 20 days of working out with them...solid as hell for the price I paid. Sound quality is fine, connects to the buds and phone seamlessly and have had no issues with them playing music. My only complaint is the touch commands are wonky but i rarely ever use them.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
The apple ear buds are too long. How they hang down.

But. I’ve used the ear/headphones that come with iPhones and the sound quality is awesome!!1

I have AirPods and I love them. I wear them daily for music at work, music in the garage, and occasional phone calls. Never really cared how they look but now that you mention it the guy at work as the new google ones and they look ridiculous

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Because having q-tips hanging out of your ears isn't ridiculous. :rofl:

No matter what, they all look weird. As time goes on they will not look weird and will be the norm.

Kids were watching something on Netflix and the lady had those big bluetooth pieces hanging on her ear. I can't believe how stupid it looked..and to think everyone in the world had them 10 years ago

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got my buds today! A quick test is very positive so far. Clear sound, decent bass, loud enough that they don't need to be cranked. They're fairly comfortable too, can barely tell they're in after a while. Set my phone at one end of the house and walked to the other end and they still worked perfectly. Started cutting out when i went out into the garage, but thats understandable. If i'm outside w/ my phone in the garage there should be no issues. If I decide to wash my car tomorrow I'll give these a more thorough test. Battery life is supposed to be 3 hours listening to music, so I will put that to the test.

Today I also learned my right and left ear canals seem to be different sizes :rofl: Gave it one initial test, then switched both caps down 1 size, and that felt perfect for my left ear, but my right ear felt like it would work itself loose if I were actually moving around, so I switched the right one back up a size and that feels about right. Who knew.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info