All computer mice stopped working at work

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
It's the weirdest thing, in my 17 years working a desk job, never heard of this happening. I thought it was just me and my office mate said hers was acting funny too. I thought it was just coincidence. Then we get an e-mail from IT noting the issue.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
giphy.gif

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
That happened here right before I joined this team. One of the guys accidentally blocked the HWID of the keyboard manufacture in the Antivirus software, so it just ignored any devices with that HWID.

That guy was also fired 2 weeks later for drinking on the job :io:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Turns out they were screwing around with the security on our USB ports. Last year, they made it so that we can't use flash drives or connect our phones to the PC's to transfer data. Truly, we really shouldn't be transferring company data this way.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Turns out they were screwing around with the security on our USB ports. Last year, they made it so that we can't use flash drives or connect our phones to the PC's to transfer data. Truly, we really shouldn't be transferring company data this way.

That said Onedrive is a manifestation of Satan in the physical plane. I've lost as much shit to Onedrive trying to sync than I did with 3.5 floppies back in the day. WTF Microsoft.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
That said Onedrive is a manifestation of Satan in the physical plane. I've lost as much shit to Onedrive trying to sync than I did with 3.5 floppies back in the day. WTF Microsoft.

any e-mail i get saying someone wants to share a file with me using onedrive, its a damn virus attack attempt. and i delete it.

we use box.com for sending people manuals or large files.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info