093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
Chris, Brook and Jerry all good peeps.

55795201_862813417384593_297068087407017984_o_71cb7c799de500efa9e7fdd1b08534a0e5c391b7.jpg

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
This upsets me beyond comprehension. So many piece of shit drivers turn a simplistic task/privilege such as driving and turn it into murder because they simply do not care. Not a care in the world for others on and along the road side. Anyone that kills another person while driving should be brought up on murder charges. (Excluding some one experiencing an uncontrollable medical problem while driving). All these LEO’s, workers, civilians on the roadsides, hit and runs is getting out of control. Too many people are being hit and killed from senseless non caring drivers. Enough already.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
No excuse to no be paying extra attention to an emergency vehicle on the shoulder. I change lanes where possible when I see vehicles on the side of the road to put 1 lane between me and them.

When I was growing up my neighbor two doors down was about college age. He had stopped to help a couple on the side of the road with a flat tire.

Drunk driver plowed into him and my neighbor lost his leg, and was lucky to keep his life.

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
[MENTION=10061]093LZ[/MENTION] I'm not sure if you can or would like to validate this fbook post. I haven't heard enough yet. Thank you.View attachment 38581

It appears this may be the case; they are trying to get the in car video and the data recorder will show if he made an abrupt steering input and which direction. I haven't heard from the crash recon guys yet.

This shit just makes me sad. 16 deaths to many.

We actually have had 16 troopers hit since Jan 1, 3 of them were fatal, its just ridiculous.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
I was on 88 near oakbrook the other day. 2 cars were on the left shoulder parked and a state trooper with their lights on parked behind them. People were actually merging over/away to the next lane to give them the space. Like every single car that passed. I never seen that happen until the other day. I hope that law gets across to everyone.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I was on 88 near oakbrook the other day. 2 cars were on the left shoulder parked and a state trooper with their lights on parked behind them. People were actually merging over/away to the next lane to give them the space. Like every single car that passed. I never seen that happen until the other day. I hope that law gets across to everyone.

The way it should be. On my way back home from a Texas road trip and I had to pull over to the side. I actually pulled off to the right shoulder then parked the car half on the pavement and half onto the grass to give myself even more room away from the right lane. You'd be surprised how many semi trucks never moved over. Many cars did and there were many semi trucks that did, but quite a bit didn't, and there wasn't much traffic as it was 2am on I-55 between Lincoln and Normal.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I saw that too. I also got over, but noticed no one slowed.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
The way it should be. On my way back home from a Texas road trip and I had to pull over to the side. I actually pulled off to the right shoulder then parked the car half on the pavement and half onto the grass to give myself even more room away from the right lane. You'd be surprised how many semi trucks never moved over. Many cars did and there were many semi trucks that did, but quite a bit didn't, and there wasn't much traffic as it was 2am on I-55 between Lincoln and Normal.

I had a flat on passenger side rear on 55 between coal city and dwight. Spare in the van is under the car below center council. And because of the exhaust it comes out easier from the drivers side.

I was scared shitless getting the spare out from under the car. Not many got into the left lane, and felt like even less slowed down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info