Need HVAC help

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Who is our resident HVAC Guru's? Woke up to a cold house this morning. Blowing cold air and fan continuously running. Figured flame sensor needed to be cleaned or replaced as I have had that issue before. Cleaned flame sensor and no help. Poking around the board I see a connector melted. What would cause this and can I fix or do I need to call a professional?
Pics coming

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
1553615668189.jpg1553615671254.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Call a pro. Looks like blower relay contacts welded. Harness and board are trashed, may have a problem with the blower as well.

Thats what I was afraid of, lol.
In your opinion (just dont want to get hosed) can it be repaired or am I looking at purchasing a new furnace? Furnace is about 10yrs old.
Thanks bud

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
So for the last week or so my nest will say the system is running but it's not, it would also say delayed, making it colder than it should be.
Ran a C wire and that didn't help. Put a non smart thermostat on and it seemed to function properly for a day. So I went and put a new nest thermostat on it and woke up to a cold house.

I don't think it's a sudden incompatibility with the nest. We haven't had this issue the first 2 winters with it.

I'm now thinking it's a furnace issue. I was going to give the flame sensor a good cleaning. Other than that where should I look? Thanks guys!

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info