Cedar Point Park Tips

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
We are planning a trip to Cedar Point Amusement Park in June and are looking for some tips from someone that has gone there before. We are buying our tickets now to get a discount but we are on the fence with the food ticket. Looks like you can get something every 90 minutes and can get away with one pass and just share all day? Four of us are going.

When we go to Great America in Gurnee we always go out and eat at the fast food restaurants nearby.

Just looking for some tips to save money on food and hotels...because broke dick.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I was at cedar point around the Fourth of July, we did not get the food tickets as the restaurants they have are decent prices.

Inside the park they had a chick fil a ( closed Sunday ), a decent burger place, Johnny rockets, starbucks and then your normal hot dog, popcorn place, ice cream etc...The park also has a TGI Friday’s, Perkins , a habachi Grill place and a cafe / bar located in the hotel.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
how many days you planning to go? We try for 2 full days, both days from open to close. Never got the food tickets, we just eat a big breakfast before going. Hit up Johnny Rockets for a burger and shake.

I'm hoping to go again this year too. Cedar Point doesn't even compare to Great America, its awesome.

Also if you get there right at open, go to the back of the park, far away from the entrance and work your way forward.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
We are planning a trip to Cedar Point Amusement Park in June and are looking for some tips from someone that has gone there before. We are buying our tickets now to get a discount but we are on the fence with the food ticket. Looks like you can get something every 90 minutes and can get away with one pass and just share all day? Four of us are going.

When we go to Great America in Gurnee we always go out and eat at the fast food restaurants nearby.

Just looking for some tips to save money on food and hotels...because broke dick.

I would bring a bunch of food with. I remember we left once to go eat outside the park, it took about 30 mins just to get outside the park. The surrounding area is the best neighborhood as well, wasn't much food options.

If I had to do it over again, I would have rented a RV and camped there prob a ton cheaper then the hotel and you could setup a grill outside.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Just got back from a two day trip. Rollercoasters were bad ass mofos. Gurnee six flags roller coasters don’t even compare to Cedar Point coasters. Food sucked, you are forced to eat there. Other than that would recommend! Not for young kids though, they have a section for them but it’s all about the rollercoasters.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Just got back from a two day trip. Rollercoasters were bad ass mofos. Gurnee six flags roller coasters don’t even compare to Cedar Point coasters. Food sucked, you are forced to eat there. Other than that would recommend! Not for young kids though, they have a section for them but it’s all about the rollercoasters.

Any weight limits? Hard to fit in any rides? Did they have modified seating?

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Any weight limits? Hard to fit in any rides? Did they have modified seating?

I looked it up and they do but I saw some larger people on the rides.

7723802127d7302542b67b45e5daec3e.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
the chest and thighs is were i get fucked at. like batman at 6 flags wont buckle down cause it literally compresses my chest. then cheetah at busch gardens wont close good cause monster tree trunk thighs. waist is 44 but thats never an issue.

hmm.. want togo so bad but fear the fat

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg

we're going late summer in September right after school starts. Cant wait. I just laugh whenever someone raves about six flags :rofl:. No comparison at all.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
the chest and thighs is were i get fucked at. like batman at 6 flags wont buckle down cause it literally compresses my chest. then cheetah at busch gardens wont close good cause monster tree trunk thighs. waist is 44 but thats never an issue.

hmm.. want togo so bad but fear the fat

I was pulled aside a few times while at Universal Orlando (Harry Potter rides) mainly due to upper body size. I made it on everything but it was embarrassing as hell for the wifey.

I noticed they just flat out denied obese, or extreme height people, didn't even test them.

This was for the 3D/4D rides and the dueling dragons coaster.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I was pulled aside a few times while at Universal Orlando (Harry Potter rides) mainly due to upper body size. I made it on everything but it was embarrassing as hell for the wifey.

I noticed they just flat out denied obese, or extreme height people, didn't even test them.

This was for the 3D/4D rides and the dueling dragons coaster.

I fit on all the HP rides, they all have modified seating. Dualing dragons was tight as hell but still always got on. Mummy is borderline for me, it straps around your thighs. It takes the gf and a worker to get mine to click in.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
went to Cedar Point on Saturday from open to close, 11a-midnight. For next year we may look into buying fast pass if we can find deals. Its very tempting but its $$$. For being there 13 hours we rode 9 rides, but at least we got on all the newest coasters. Steel Vengence, Gatekeeper, Maverick and Valravn. Longest line was 140 mins.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
That's how I feel with Disney and Universal vs 6flags

Disney is a fucking joke. Hundreds of dollars to wait in line and more money down the tube for shitty food. Universal Orlando/Islands of Adventure blows Hollywood away. I actually like Six Flags. The one outside LA has an amazing wooden/steel coaster that I could ride 30x a day. In Gurnee, my favorite is Raging Bull

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info