TCG assistance please...What cheap/old pickup to buy?

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Hi Y'all
Hope everyone is well
I haven't been here in a while...haven't been anywhere actually lol.

So I'm needing something to move stuff around in.

I want something old so I don't have to worry about where in the city I park it and I don't have to worry about scratches and dents etc.

My ideal vehicle would be a 1980s El Camino as it's a cool project car that I can eventually LS swap and it has a bed and it's old and cheap or a 2 door Tahoe as I miss my old Hoe. It's cheap and old but no bed but I can still put drywall on the roof.

Basically I need to move furniture, drywall, 2x4s etc.

I'd love to get a LIGHTNING but it's too pricey as far as purchase price and gas.

Any one here ever drive a Camino? Talk to me.

Thanks y'all

Btw anyone listing to the Robert Mueller Russia update....I'm sick of this crap...

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
GMT 400 Suburbans (and Tahoe's as well as GMC equivalents), primarily 1996 - 1999 with the Vortec 5700, are the old school Chevy Small Block V8. Not that the GenIII and up motors are bad in any sense, but if you want something that is old school and just runs and runs and runs... Well there you have it... About the only "nagging" issue with the Vortec 5000 and 5700's is the distributor rotor and cap need replacing, usually annually as they get older. But otherwise, run like a champ. Drove mine today...

If and when I move on from mine, if I get a GMT800, It's only coming in 3/4 ton with the Big Block 8.1. GMT900's that option was taken away so your biggest engine option in a 3/4 ton is the 6.0L. GMT K2's (the current gen), you can't get a 3/4 tonner in public sale. It was a fleet only labelled as a "Suburban HD" targeted at gubments.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I'd love to get a LIGHTNING .

How about a 1st generation Lightning? I have one I keep holding on to that I need to sell due to no space to store it.

Runs great (lots on maintenance in the 5 years I have owned it), the interior is near mint (caret could use a shampoo cleaning), and the exterior is nice besides the wheel arches on the bed need to be addressed. There is a bubble starting in one of the bab corners as well.

1995 with all options. haha Which means split bench with center folding seat/console, rear sliding window, and double sun visors. Meaning one for the windshield and one for the door glass.

I use the truck in kind of the same way you are looking to use it. I drive it about a 1/4 of the time. Mainly when I need to have the other car down for working on it, needing the bed for moving things or Home Depot runs, and occasionally just because I enjoy driving it. It also has remote start I added which is convenient.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info