Horrific High School Crime In The News

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I cannot believe what society has come to in 2019, that young men would do something so absurd, so cruel, so UNHEARD of...like come up with a list of the hottest girls in their school. Just disgusting!

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...male-Classmates-Based-on-Looks-507320961.html

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/hig...ranked-female-classmates-looks-210707071.html

Some male students at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School in Maryland have been disciplined after it was discovered they created and shared a list on social media on which they ranked their female classmates based on their looks.

According to school officials, the students targeted 18 senior girls by creating a list with their first names and a rating beside each.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
The girls in my HS made a list like that. I don't remember there being any butthurt.

Does this mean I can claim to be a victim of Rate Culture? Maybe Crowder can do an episode on my campus and I can clap my hands like a douche yapping about how literally all my friends have been Rated.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The girls in my HS made a list like that. I don't remember there being any butthurt.

Does this mean I can claim to be a victim of Rate Culture? Maybe Crowder can do an episode on my campus and I can clap my hands like a douche yapping about how literally all my friends have been Rated.

I've watched that episode a couple of times. While I feel horrible for the girl that claimed she was raped, she was an idiot. She was basically saying that you can't count on empirical data to back Crowder's claim, but she did not have any source for her claim that there is a rape culture. Hers was all anecdotal.

The only thing I might agree with is that someone might be more likely to get raped on a college campus than just walking down the street. But that doesn't mean we encourage or tolerate rape if evidence has been provided.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info