Just lost my vacation...

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
So my company decided to not give everyone the 80 hours of floating holidays a year anymore...and didn't tell anyone about it. It was implemented January 1st. We all just found out today.

They made us use vacation time (which is seperate) for building closures (due to weather, etc.).

Think it's time to move on...Lots of pissed off people here right now, including myself!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
80hrs of floating holidays, deng. No wonder why they took them away. Not to be harsh, but that's a lot of money for a company to just "give" their employees. I doubt anyone has that many hours of floating holidays.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Not sure what a floating holiday is?

This place NEVER closes. Have to work a lot of holidays. This allows you to use it when you want instead of them paying for you to be off on actual holiday.

I checked both the current holiday policy, and employee handbook. Both say we get it. We got an email on Dec. 24th by our manager reminding us of the holiday policy (80 hour floating).

Everyone was sideswiped from this. All my vacation plans just went out the window for the whole year as with everyone else.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
aint that some truth! Screenshot952019-03-19-11-11-25.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
This place NEVER closes. Have to work a lot of holidays. This allows you to use it when you want instead of them paying for you to be off on actual holiday.

I checked both the current holiday policy, and employee handbook. Both say we get it. We got an email on Dec. 24th by our manager reminding us of the holiday policy (80 hour floating).

Everyone was sideswiped from this. All my vacation plans just went out the window for the whole year as with everyone else.

When you work a holiday do they pay you holiday pay and your time worked? Most companies just pay for extra on holidays to say sorry you had to work and throw you a floater or two, I end up working most holidays

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info