Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Feels good man. Decided to give Hulu Live a try after testing it out. Added on some movie channels and I'm still 100 dollars LESS than DTV (and even that plan was scaled down, fuckers). Plus, I can always edit my Hulu account on the fly when I dont want movie channels, etc.

Heres the funny part..I tell the guy DTV pricing has gotten out of control and he says "well I have a promotion that can take 80 bucks off your bill and includes movie channels". I laughed because if they could do that, why the fuck am I paying 170 with taxes and shit...after I had them redo my plan months back because it had gotten way too expensive.

Fuck ATT and fuck DTV.

Anyway, that was my accomplishment for today.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'll be paying 85/mo with Hulu + no ads + live tv + HBO, Showtime and Starz.

I might be missing something. I can drop that price down at any time by removing any of the movie channels. I could probably get it down to just 50/mo if I really wanted to be a jew.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
60+ channels (all the channels I watch, which is why I switched)...I think 2 streams at once? You can pay to have unlimited streams I believe..but I dont need it.

Without movie channels, Hulu + Live tv is 44 bucks I think.

You can definitely keep costs down..I'm just happy to be saving 100 bucks.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Canceled mine back in January. Didn't have too much trouble with the retention department. I just told them I was poor and didn't have the money to keep the service. They didn't try to sell me anything after that.

Only things I really miss at all are F1 and weekend morning EPL. I'll probably miss it around football season too, but since I root for teams that suck, it'll probably be better for my health.

I think out-of-promo bills when NFLST was kicked in were in the $260/mo range. Crazy.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I had dish fuck off after I learned I could get cable internet. I told them $20 a month(was $160) and I'd keep it.

Man did they try everything and then some to keep me. In the end I said it's still not $20/month, good bye.

Firestick with pluto TV is life. All free

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'll be curious if comcast starts throwing fits because I'm exclusively streaming EVERYTHING now. They already claim I'm using 90% of my bandwidth already...and all Ive been doing is gaming and streaming netflix :rofl:

Makes zero sense b/c pretty sure comcast increased the data cap to a tb, didnt they?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info