Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:(

https://youtu.be/7cInGyxCY9k

Today Alex Trebek announced that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Cancer is bad; pancreatic cancer is very bad; stage 4 is very, very bad.

Trebek, 78, says he’ll try to continue hosting the show as long as he can. That’s a gift, however short it may prove. We’ll have that many more episodes to revel in the work of a man who is the best at what he does, and is still at the top of his game, and has never, ever, mailed it in.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
That is sad to hear.

But forget the show. Spend as much time as you have with loved ones and doing things you love. Outside of work. I'm sure he loved the show and the people he works with. But come on.

From someone who saw what cancer does....its better to keep busy and keep doing what you've been doing...the moment you dont, its very easy to just give up.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Couldnt he stay busy doing things with his family?
I think I would want to be around my loved ones as much as possible.

Its depressing man. Being around your family is important but it definitely drags you down because everyone is very aware of the outcome...and you HAVE to keep yourself busy. Its so easy to accept your fate and just let it consume you. Stay busy. Juggle family, hobby, work. Do what you LOVE until you cant.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Its depressing man. Being around your family is important but it definitely drags you down because everyone is very aware of the outcome...and you HAVE to keep yourself busy. Its so easy to accept your fate and just let it consume you. Stay busy. Juggle family, hobby, work. Do what you LOVE until you cant.

Makes sense. I told my wife if I ever get some news like that while younger, I will go over Niagara Falls in a barrel. She can deal with the fine, lol.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
From someone who saw what cancer does....its better to keep busy and keep doing what you've been doing...the moment you dont, its very easy to just give up.

I'm not saying he should stay in bed and give up. Go live your life to the fullest every day. Don't spend your life working till the day you die.

Dude has the money to do whatever he wants for the little time he has left. Go enjoy life while you can.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You're missing the point. The dude clearly loves doing what he does. He enjoys entertaining and bringing others joy. Why stop doing that if it makes you happy as well?

Whats he gonna do otherwise? Sit around with family 24/7? Thats going to drain him far faster than working, guaranteed.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I can’t really say I’ve ever watched much Jeopardy but I did watch a lot of this!!

b9f5c23c84a94d4fa09d1a60c80ab1cc.jpg

Wonder how Sean Connery’s doing these days...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info