Streamwood

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Opgi and classic car industries does regal stuff. Honestly being a Buick and from the 80’s you’re going to be paying a lot for things. Either NOS if you can find it, used or maybe they’re starting to reproduce things and they generally aren’t great I’ve found. There’s just now starting to be reproduction stuff for my Buick that’s halfway decent.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The Parts Place Inc. in the first link does make some G body stuff. They are in DeKalb. But be aware that they will describe things as NOS (New Old Stock) that isn't NOS GM. But instead NOS repro or replacement parts. So their descriptions can be misleading, or at the least, vague. But they do have NOS GM and used parts as well. Not a bad source if you do your research beforehand.

OPG and Classic Industries would be my go-to source for reproduction stuff.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i dont htink ive ever had a good upper dash panel.
just sold a header panel

i try to buy and part out every turbo regal i can find cheap. so if you need something else, just ask

Found a very clean OEM 87 header panel, but its only the header panel.
So I need to source the corner lights, headlight bezels (chrome) and a grill.
Found some reproduction corner lights and headlight bezels online but prefer clean OEM.

Also might need bumper fillers as I'm not sue mine from a 83 fit the 87

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
$190 for the dash top is not bad. They are coming down in price. You will never find a good used one.

On the front end, you'll need the whole thing - header panel, grille, headlight bezels and bumper fillers - they are all different from '83 to '84. Decide if you are OK with a hole for a hood ornament.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
$190 for the dash top is not bad. They are coming down in price. You will never find a good used one.

On the front end, you'll need the whole thing - header panel, grille, headlight bezels and bumper fillers - they are all different from '83 to '84. Decide if you are OK with a hole for a hood ornament.

Dash pad can wait then, lol.

Hole for hood ornament doesnt matter.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8RdGq5ii2w

I saw a 60s Impala dash swapped into a G-body and it looked great. Maybe it was on turbo mustangs/the turbo forums back in the day. That said this is an 07 Monte SS dash in a g-body. Although it's a "donked out" car it doesn't seem to look terrible in the video. Yeah it's a lot of work but food for thought.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8RdGq5ii2w

I saw a 60s Impala dash swapped into a G-body and it looked great. Maybe it was on turbo mustangs/the turbo forums back in the day. That said this is an 07 Monte SS dash in a g-body. Although it's a "donked out" car it doesn't seem to look terrible in the video. Yeah it's a lot of work but food for thought.

Dash swap or digital dash is on my list. I hate the dash in mine, will look in to options when I start addressing the interior.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
The Parts Place Inc. in the first link does make some G body stuff. They are in DeKalb. But be aware that they will describe things as NOS (New Old Stock) that isn't NOS GM. But instead NOS repro or replacement parts. So their descriptions can be misleading, or at the least, vague. But they do have NOS GM and used parts as well. Not a bad source if you do your research beforehand.

OPG and Classic Industries would be my go-to source for reproduction stuff.
I’ve had bad experiences with them but eBay took care of me. I’d never buy directly from their website though.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The boneyards off 171 and 83 had a lot of G bodies back in the day.

They all did, lol. Talking to my buddies regarding G Bodies, as thats all we drove in the 90's. They were pretty much a dime a dozen back in the day. If we had known then that they would have a decent value now a days we would have kept a few, lol.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Well it looks like I'm driving to Detroit on Thursday morning to p/u a 87 header panel. My painter has me scheduled in about 2-3 weeks (has 2 cars a head of me). So I need to gather parts ASAP. Ordered the bumper fillers from Goodmark, have sourced the headlight bezels and corner lights. Found OEM (like new) in California or aftermarket online. Guy in Cali asked me to make him an offer, I said $175 shipped, he laughed at that and said he will counter later...wtf???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info