Momo challenge

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You, and the countless moms on my wife's facebook reposting it "worried" about it, cracks me the fuck up.

Then further, when the parents are saying that they asked their kid if they have seen so and so... :rofl:

why would you do that :rofl: putting that curiosity into the kid is going to make them find this video that all these silly parents are sharing :rofl:

Parent should look at their kid's youtube history and see what they've watched if a parent is actually that worried.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/28/health/momo-challenge-youtube-trnd/index.html

There are plenty of reasons for parents to be leery about what their kids can find on social media.

TikTok, a popular music video app, was just fined millions for collecting data on kids under 13. YouTube has been trying to pull down suicide videos aimed at teens while dealing with advertiser backlash after allegations that pedophiles were using the platform to trade information and draw attention to clips of young girls.
But the Momo Challenge, the experts will tell you, is probably not something to worry about.
The challenge is the latest viral concern /social media fad/urban legend going around Facebook parenting groups and schools. It's described as a "suicide game" which combines shock imagery and hidden messaging, and it supposedly encourages kids to attempt dangerous stunts, including suicide.
Earlier this week, "Momo" was the top new trending search team on Google for the US, Australia, Canada and the UK.
However, to the best of everyone's knowledge, there's almost no evidence to prove it's actually a real thing.
Let's break it down, so you can get back to worrying about other things.

The Momo Challenge is hard to describe, because there's not a lot of proof it actually exists. According to concerned Facebook posts, people are placing scary imagery and language into YouTube videos that are supposed to be child-friendly, like cartoons and toy reviews. The "challenge" has also been reported on WhatsApp, where it may come in the form of disturbing images and text messages sent from unknown contacts.
The image is usually of a (pretty terrifying) doll with long hair and bulging eyes. The creepy sculpture is actually the work of a Japanese special effects company called Link Factory, and it, along with the artist and the company, have nothing to do with the so-called "challenge."

read more at the link if you'd like.

social media might be in the top ten things of the worst things to happen in the last thirty years to man kind

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I literally watch hours of YouTube and gamer clips. Shit kids would be watching and this have never come up.

I feel like this has become way more dangerous and public because of the news and people spreading it on social media. Like come on.

I feel bad for people who commit suicide.... I’ve been there before in dark places. But honestly if some weird ass looking doll thing convinces you to do shit you have bigger problems. Normal people laugh that shit off and say wtf. They don’t get involved in it.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Facebook pages of local police departments, celebrities like Kim Kardashian, and even email blasts from principals to concerned parents across the U.S. warned of a viral meme that claimed children viewing an image called “Momo” while browsing YouTube could result in suicide or self-harm.

The character, according to some rumors, was splicing itself into YouTube videos dedicated to Fortnite or the animated children’s series Peppa Pig, and even some videos that were pre-approved by the popular YouTube Kids app, to blast harmful messages.

A YouTube spokesperson said the company has seen no evidence of Momo suicide dares spliced into content for children, and these kinds of viral “challenges” are against the company’s terms of service.

“We’ve seen no recent evidence of videos promoting the Momo Challenge on YouTube. Videos encouraging harmful and dangerous challenges are against our policies,” a company spokesperson wrote on Twitter.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
new-32cm-black-momo-leather-steering-wheel.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info