Employee accidentally sent a message to me complaining about...me

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
What a knucklehead!! I played it off like I hadn't read it yet and showed her that I deleted it.
It was such a stupid complaint too.

She replaced a person that used to report into me. That person had forgotten to transition a simple process to her that takes 5 minutes a month. I told her that no one was upset about it not getting done, but that it should be done going forward. She is always making a mountain out of a mole hill, such a drama queen.

I can't imagine how embarrassed she must have been coming in here.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I really should have taken that as an opportunity to tell her to stop getting worked up about stupid things. If your boss isn't upset, you shouldn't be. It was such a small thing that it took five months before someone noticed it wasn't getting done.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
She didn't call me any names, but was complaining that I was blowing it off. I told her previously that it wasn't a big deal. She said I made up some BS excuse for her not getting cross trained on something. It was a small oversight on a process that takes five minutes each month.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
tenor.gif

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
The most unattractive thing about ANY woman is drama. That and even some of the hottest women are very ugly criers.

amen brotha.

That said the worse email fuckup I ever saw was a contest where people would do stuff that would get them an ipad. Forget what exactly, not that it matters. Well they didn't BCC the email and he replies back to a list of aw shit 4-5,000 people with basically "I can't believe that moron won!" He must have tried to recall the email in outlook at least a half dozen times. :rofl: :rofl:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Anytime I send a message like that, I always double check the intended recipient. Even if I don't send it person I'm complaining about, that person could let the other person know I was talking about him/her.

Better to have such matters over less er tangible means of comms.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
amen brotha.

That said the worse email fuckup I ever saw was a contest where people would do stuff that would get them an ipad. Forget what exactly, not that it matters. Well they didn't BCC the email and he replies back to a list of aw shit 4-5,000 people with basically "I can't believe that moron won!" He must have tried to recall the email in outlook at least a half dozen times. :rofl: :rofl:

And it's generally a good idea to start a separate e-mail with a different subject. That happened to me once. I replied to one person on an e-mail string talking about one of the other people. The guy I sent it to accidentally used that e-mail as a follow up to everyone else because it was the most recent e-mail in the chain. I never knew if he was able to get it recalled in time.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
And OP, use the "Stop crying, or I'll give you something to cry about." line. hahaha

I wonder if she would have been happier if I was all "What the fuck!?!? How could you not know you should have been doing that?!!?" She should be thankful that I'm about the most chill boss anyone might have.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I wonder if she would have been happier if I was all "What the fuck!?!? How could you not know you should have been doing that?!!?" She should be thankful that I'm about the most chill boss anyone might have.

"The fact that you obviously emailed me when it was meant for someone else shows me you are not detail oriented. Then there is fact that you meant to complain about me to others. Both of those things make me wonder if you are the right person for this job." lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info