Got lucky with this Rental Vehicle

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I reserved a premium full size car at Enterprise. And the guy picked me up in this brand new Mercedes SUV. Same price too. I loved it. Only needed it for 2 days. But man I really enjoyed it. The only option it didn’t have was a remote start. It was a little small. If I bought one, I’d move up a size.

2dadbc177588ed04de8d1a541db43edd.jpg

905e2536b27eb31b00f366bf93e60638.jpg

a456bb8efcf54c955c29614ad1670858.jpg

cecc84f59642455e07677a1d2fab6d07.jpg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Why do Mercedes and bmw hate their customers so much? No remote start? I mean my god this is supposed to be a luxury vehicle. There are damn Chevy cruzes and Sonics that come with remote start but on BMW and Mercedes it’s an expensive option, along with navigation and heated seats. This is like luxury car 101 shit here yet they are options.

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
Why do Mercedes and bmw hate their customers so much? No remote start? I mean my god this is supposed to be a luxury vehicle. There are damn Chevy cruzes and Sonics that come with remote start but on BMW and Mercedes it’s an expensive option, along with navigation and heated seats. This is like luxury car 101 shit here yet they are options.
Federal regulations prevent them from having remote start if I recall correctly

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois

illegal in europe. (to be factory installed)

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Engine:

2.0L inline 4-cylinder
241 HP at 5500 RPM
273 ft lbs torque from 1300 to 4000 RPM

:nice:

Wow. It felt like it just had FWD too.

Federal regulations prevent them from having remote start if I recall correctly

I’m surprised. I just thought Mercedes offers remote starts as an option and most Enterprise rental cars aren’t fully loaded with options.

No biggie. I’m sure a remote start can be installed. They’re so nice to have in the winter.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

Porsche is the same way, but it has nothing to do with hating customers. As stated, it's a germany/europe environmental thing.

Nice rental. My wife has an e400 and i loooooooove it (except for the lack of remote start, lol)

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Can you have An aftermarket remote start installed or is it a pita?

My wife's car is a lease so I'm not going to bother. She actually looked in to having a remote start installed for the owner of her work as a christmas gift from all of the employees, but the porsche dealer said there isn't an official "warranty friendly" remote start that they would recommend.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I've been so spoiled by having remote start for years, that I don't think I'd own a daily driver without it. I love that I could start my Escape with the Ford pass app from my phone and I could even set a remote start schedule.

Chevy has the same app. It’s pretty cool. I can start the car from anywhere. And it will automatically shut off after 10 mins. Of course that doesn’t sound too safe. I’d never start a car with my smartphone if I’m not with the car. Lol.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I believe most 2016 and newer MBs have remote start standard but through an app - C class and above. It’s done through the onboard telematics system. Free for a few years but then you have to subscribe to get the feature. We owned a C-Class at work that had it through the app, and it’s annoying because the app is slow and crashes plus requires a PIN. Some automakers have a fob button shortcut to start rather than making a new fob with button, but I don’t think MB is one of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info