Gaming Apex Legends

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The fact that it’s free.... awesome..... that being said had a long long way to go.

The good:

It auto attaches shit to your guns. It also swaps them if you pick something up off the ground. That’s great and I like that instead of fumbling around trying to redo things.

The gameplay is pretty smooth, and good graphics. If you have played Titan fall, it’s nearly a copy minus the large titans.

The bad:

It is one of the most unbalanced games I’ve played. Some guns are straight god like, while others shoot marshmallows. If you get a wingman with skull piercer.... you win the game. Period.

2nd..... shields are stupid overpowered and the time to kill in this game makes COD look like a 1 shot kill game. You have to go through the entire persons shield before you start hurting them. Unlike COD or PUBG where it only reduces the damage done to you.

3rd. The game is a reloading simulator. Shoot for 2 seconds.... reload..... 2 seconds reload.... followed by you are out of ammo.

4th.... if you die on one of the floating ships that’s the end of your game. Your box stays in the sky. You cannot be revived or respawned.

Despite all of that it’s fun, and the fact that it’s totally free negates a lot of the above. But it needs some major balance changes for me to continue to play it.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its probably THE most polished game I've played in years...which is saying a lot since its free.

Minimal server issues. Minimal glitches. And ya there are balancing issues but those will be hammered out via player feedback.

Its a great game and shits on most other shooters...and shows what a dev can do when it actually cares about the community.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Its probably THE most polished game I've played in years...which is saying a lot since its free.

Minimal server issues. Minimal glitches. And ya there are balancing issues but those will be hammered out via player feedback.

Its a great game and shits on most other shooters...and shows what a dev can do when it actually cares about the community.

For an initial launch? I agree. For a AAA free to play shooter it delivers big time.

All of my complaints can be fixed, but the gun balancing really really upsets me. I wish it was better instead of everyone looking for the same 2 guns.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And it will be...the game has been out what, a week? It already shits on Blackout, shits on PUBG and probably shits on Fortnite.

The care they put in into making the menus super easy and intuitive, pinging is HUGE for team play, especially with randoms. They put a ton of thought into every aspect of the game. Oh, and its free?

Take note all you money hungry fucking developers.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I look forward to what’s to come. I still like blackout, I think that game has a ton of potential as well. PUBG I’m sorry is dead. I haven’t touched it in 5 months and don’t ever plan to go back.

I’m going to be playing all weekend if you are down to play apex to show me around a little more.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
The fact that it’s free.... awesome..... that being said had a long long way to go.

The good:

It auto attaches shit to your guns. It also swaps them if you pick something up off the ground. That’s great and I like that instead of fumbling around trying to redo things.

The gameplay is pretty smooth, and good graphics. If you have played Titan fall, it’s nearly a copy minus the large titans.

The bad:

It is one of the most unbalanced games I’ve played. Some guns are straight god like, while others shoot marshmallows. If you get a wingman with skull piercer.... you win the game. Period.

2nd..... shields are stupid overpowered and the time to kill in this game makes COD look like a 1 shot kill game. You have to go through the entire persons shield before you start hurting them. Unlike COD or PUBG where it only reduces the damage done to you.

3rd. The game is a reloading simulator. Shoot for 2 seconds.... reload..... 2 seconds reload.... followed by you are out of ammo.

4th.... if you die on one of the floating ships that’s the end of your game. Your box stays in the sky. You cannot be revived or respawned.

Despite all of that it’s fun, and the fact that it’s totally free negates a lot of the above. But it needs some major balance changes for me to continue to play it.

When you're down and use a knockdown shield.... It's only front facing. If you jump around the other side of them, you do more damage since it's not blocked by the shield.

The peacekeeper with the attachments.... OP. It's one of the guns to use. I actually like using the 301 carbine, devotion, peacekeeper (just started using it), and the p90 type gun.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
When you're down and use a knockdown shield.... It's only front facing. If you jump around the other side of them, you do more damage since it's not blocked by the shield.

The peacekeeper with the attachments.... OP. It's one of the guns to use. I actually like using the 301 carbine, devotion, peacekeeper (just started using it), and the p90 type gun.

I am talking about the normal shield you pickup off the ground.... you have to go through that entire shield before even damaging the person. If you have a purple one that’s a big shield to go through.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I am talking about the normal shield you pickup off the ground.... you have to go through that entire shield before even damaging the person. If you have a purple one that’s a big shield to go through.

Ah. I hear you. I do agree. But it does seem like headshots still does more damage even with shields. Just have to keep looking for the overpowered weapons or catch people off guard.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:rofl:

Screenshot_20190216-005733.jpeg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Still winless here. And that is playing with a squad with 50+ wins on blackout. Like I’ve said before totally unbalanced game.

If they switch it to where you do damage to the person through their shields (just reduced damage) like all other games I might be better at it. But so far it’s still the “get the best gun and loot and if you can aim and heal your shields behind a rock you will win the game.

It has a shit ton of a way to go before I would ever consider this a great game.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info