Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The world’s insects are hurtling down the path to extinction, threatening a “catastrophic collapse of nature’s ecosystems”, according to the first global scientific review.

More than 40% of insect species are declining and a third are endangered, the analysis found. The rate of extinction is eight times faster than that of mammals, birds and reptiles. The total mass of insects is falling by a precipitous 2.5% a year, according to the best data available, suggesting they could vanish within a century.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ng-insect-numbers-threaten-collapse-of-nature

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The saddest are Monarchs.

I remember whole school days of learning about those things and even watching them grow from caterpillar to butterfly in class.

uc03HNk.gif

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
What about fireflies? I remember being at my folks house the first year we moved to Carbondale and there being thousands on thousands of them. I mean an utterly beautiful green cloud.

If I had to guess we're finding out a lot of shit about roundup that we didn't want to know. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the DDT of our generation.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
If I had to guess we're finding out a lot of shit about roundup that we didn't want to know. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the DDT of our generation.

I doubt roundup (Glyphosphate) has anything to do with it. It's one of the safest chemicals we've ever used. It's actually comical to me with how bad of a rap it's getting here lately. Farmers are going away from it because it doesn't kill anything anymore.

NdZ918P.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info