Random “rare”, but not rare coins and bills

mat0485

Addict
Nov 27, 2009
Aurora
Wondering what I should really doing with these coins and bills that in reality aren’t rare? Anyone know of a legit place to appraise or give more that $0.50 for a half dollar?
I mean it’s chump changed. Almost not worth getting rid of but at same time not worth keeping.
Thanks
Gents

Attachments

• DFA820AE-5737-4A67-A103-BEABE3C96257.jpg
    DFA820AE-5737-4A67-A103-BEABE3C96257.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 98

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I’d like to know as well, a place or someone that’s trustworthy. Trustworthy is very rare these days. To say the least. That could appraise a coin collection.

I’ve heard of Albert’s Jewelers in Schererville, IN might appraise coins. But then they would want your business to buy some jewelry. Lol.

I had a girlfriend I was thinking about proposing (engagement ring) to but we broke up. I Only dated her for a year though. Great Sex I must say. After sex, I was like. I wanna sleep alone in my own bed. Lol.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I have to search the web. Should be able to find how much money some people are asking for coins. This is an interesting one I have

There’s some old sticky paper shit on the back. What should I use to clean it?

Isopropyl alcohol or goo gone?

DO NOT USE ISOPROPYL OR GOO GONE!!! Absolutely no harsh cleaners or chemicals!!! If there is any silver left on those coins due to age and thickness of the material the rare metals can be pulled right off the coins.

VINEGAR!!! Just vinegar and some warm water, let the coin (one at a time) sit in the vinegar for a minute or two, pull it out by the edge and wipe it with a soft cloth and DO NOT SCRUB THE COIN.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
these probably have little, if any, numismatic (collector) value.

however - they likely all contain silver. and that silver has metal value.

a 1964 kennedy half dollar is 90% silver.
1964 Kennedy Silver Half Dollar Melt Value - Coinflation

per coinflation that is $5.71 in silver today.

Was gonna say you're really looking for pre-67 coins. You can hear the difference in the metal btw, my wife worked at a bank and they could tell when a custy was using them in the change machines.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info