Time to upgrade to iPhone XR or XS? Is one that much better?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
SAVE THE ANDROID CRAP FOR SOMEONE ELSE, WE’RE NOT SWITCHING OPERATING SYSTEMS!!!

Wife’s iPhone battery is giving up and it’s time to upgrade both of us. What’s the difference between the iPhone XR and XS, anyone have experience with both? We primarily use our phones as phones but with the little guy we take a lot of pictures and videos. Normal internet usage, I game on mine, she does not and we both keep our phones past the uprgrade dates until something goes wrong with them.

I like the camera abilities of the XS, other than that is there really a difference?

bnr32

Regular
TCG Premium
Nov 6, 2013
Differences between the XR and XS are the screen, LCD vs OLED, and the body material, aluminum vs stainless steel, both respectively. The XR is slightly bigger.

Processor is the same. iOS is the same. Cameras are the same.

XR is $400 cheaper because of the different materials.

Only the front Cameras are the same, the XS has a totally different setup in the rear than the XR

bnr32

Regular
TCG Premium
Nov 6, 2013
If you don't mind the larger size and less "hard drive" size get the XR. If you want the somewhat better camera, larger available drive safe (up to 512 for XS, 256 for XR) smaller size get the XS. XR will also get better battery life over the XS due to a bigger battery inside too, but it's a bigger and heavier phone over all.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I love my XS. It’s really fast.

The only things I complain about is I miss the thumbprint to unlock it. My previous phone was a iPhone 8. The face recognition is a little slow sometimes. Especially in the dark. But it has the 6 digit code to unlock it too.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I can’t wait to do the switch to the new phone and find out I lost half my music, pictures, notes..........Good times.

I’ve had 10 iPhones and that’s never happened. You literally just take a picture of a weird screen on your old phone and in an hour your new phone is EXACTLY the same settings and content of your old phone. The only people who have problems with this stuff are the people who are like “I dOnT uSe IcLoUd BeCaUsE tHe GoVeRnMeNt Is SpYiNg On Me”

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I’ve had 10 iPhones and that’s never happened. You literally just take a picture of a weird screen on your old phone and in an hour your new phone is EXACTLY the same settings and content of your old phone. The only people who have problems with this stuff are the people who are like “I dOnT uSe IcLoUd BeCaUsE tHe GoVeRnMeNt Is SpYiNg On Me”

For some reason my iCloud backups are fucky. It gets halfway through the backup and then freezes and my photos are nowhere to be found on my PC.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I don’t use iCloud because it costs money :rofl:

But a backup on a computer and then transferring that to a new phone is easy. We did have an issue this time with my wife’s phone but that was carrier related.

If you have a shit ton of photos and music yes, it costs- but people are crazy if they don’t use the free iCloud for storing contacts and settings. I’m sure everybody here had that one friend on Facebook that doesn’t really have their shit together, and they post up “phone broke, lost all my contacts! Message me your number”. It’s about a 50/50 split with android and iOS people usually, but the constant is always that they are always living some kind of fucked lifestyle

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
If you have a shit ton of photos and music yes, it costs- but people are crazy if they don’t use the free iCloud for storing contacts and settings. I’m sure everybody here had that one friend on Facebook that doesn’t really have their shit together, and they post up “phone broke, lost all my contacts! Message me your number”. It’s about a 50/50 split with android and iOS people usually, but the constant is always that they are always living some kind of fucked lifestyle
I do use it strictly for contacts, notes, home and wallet. No way I’m paying to pictures and music though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info