Hate amazon

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Any more, I swear they are in over their head anymore. Promised to have it today and now; it’s up in the air when my stuff will show up. If you can’t complete your promises don't offer it!

5c7ddf37dda1da7278e56b0465f51f42.jpg

26d3f7f007d62ec27884c9334fc32992.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
But ya, things delivered by Amazon direct are all over the place.

The drivers are FINALLY coming to my house instead of the house behind me...I put a note on my account explaining exactly how to find my house....the drivers have all thanked me when I catch them leaving a package.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
But ya, things delivered by Amazon direct are all over the place.

The drivers are FINALLY coming to my house instead of the house behind me...I put a note on my account explaining exactly how to find my house....the drivers have all thanked me when I catch them leaving a package.

I've had packages delivered. Walk out and see nothing. Two hours later a neighbor brings it over.

Get your shit together!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If you contact customer service they’ll throw you a few bucks or add a month to your account.

I get almost my entire Prime fees covered each year. Get it to me when you promise or pay me.

Amazon is MUCH worse at shipping on time now than they used to be.

They attempt to make it OK by changing the date quietly and hoping you don't notice. Nope. Date change = email = $5-$10.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Fuck that noise! I drop 77gr at a pop!

Usually you measure a few grains light you don't trickle the whole thing. That'd take a year to do a couple boxes. :rofl:

What are you shooting that uses 77gr a pop? I'm thinking it has to be 338 Lapua or a belted magnum. Certainly nothing in the 308 realm.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Any more, I swear they are in over their head anymore. Promised to have it today and now; it’s up in the air when my stuff will show up. If you can’t complete your promises don't offer it!

5c7ddf37dda1da7278e56b0465f51f42.jpg

26d3f7f007d62ec27884c9334fc32992.jpg
People in my subdivision were just complaining about their shipping. Not sure how it is now, but last week when you clicked a prime product, it was to be delivered that following Monday the earliest, which puts it at 4 days for shipping no matter the item.

I haven't checked now to see if that was weather related but I did notice some subtle changes with Amazon.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I got rid of prime last year. It’s been great. Less tempted to spend money, free shipping is still 3-4 days in most cases. Cross shop eBay and you’ll likely find things cheaper and still 2-3 day shipping.
One of the main reasons why I keep prime is for Amazon Music and Amazon Video. But their annual price increase makes it more likely to cancel.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I noticed Prime changed from two day delivery to two day delivery AFTER it ships. It seems most of my stuff ends up taking a full day or more to ship to me. Now I have seen 4 or 5 days to get Prime items. Seems like those items should not be part of the Prime Program. Well, not what the Prime program was originally at least. The program I initially signed up for.

It's to the point I may drop Prime. I think with cutting back I can be under my Prime membership costs every year. And I don't have time to contact customer service 10-20 times a year for a $5 credit. Not worth that kind of aggravation.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I noticed Prime changed from two day delivery to two day delivery AFTER it ships. It seems most of my stuff ends up taking a full day or more to ship to me. Now I have seen 4 or 5 days to get Prime items. Seems like those items should not be part of the Prime Program. Well, not what the Prime program was originally at least. The program I initially signed up for.

It's to the point I may drop Prime. I think with cutting back I can be under my Prime membership costs every year. And I don't have time to contact customer service 10-20 times a year for a $5 credit. Not worth that kind of aggravation.

It's been that way for years, just seems like more items are taking a couple more days to ship recently. I got a lesson on that a few years ago, when trying to get a present from a "Prime" item...item didn't mention it was going to take 3-4 weeks to ship, but when it did ship, it was 2-day. Amazon didn't want to do anything except cancel the order. I definitely keep an eye on much more now with time sensitive items.

That being said, very rarely does something not get to me, in the quoted time. Maybe once or twice last year. More often I get things early :dunno:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Same here, I had a package that was supposed to be here today, and I opened my door to see how the snow was melting and bam, there it was yesterday. Granted I specifically state in the directions NOT to deliver it to my front door :picard:

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
My main issues with prime shipping is on same day delivery items. I would say 75% of the time or more they end up coming the next day or 2nd day after ordering. Like most have said you usually can get a few bucks credit but that is not the point as usually I am ordering the item to get that day and avoiding a trip to the store.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
[MENTION=13268]Kensington[/MENTION] I have only had a couple a year that would be delayed than one day to ship. That wasn't bad. Now it is happening a lot more.

Yet somehow, everything I had coming last week showed up early or on time. Including the weather delays. At work, we actually received Amazon packages on the days they said they would not be delivering. So it isn't always bad. But still, Prime items started as two day service. Now it is a two day service after the items ships. And even then, it isn't a two day service.

I just feel like if I don't have prime I can buy the items cheaper, which may items I buy are cheaper, from another seller. Then pay to ship and wait longer for the item. I honestly think I might save money in the long run. Many of the items I have bought from Amazon were just out of convenience of quick delivery. If they aren't doing that anyways...

Also, Prime Video was another draw for me originally. It seems almost everything I want to watch on there I have to pay for anyways. So that isn't a reason to keep Prime either. And I don't use the music app either. So just less and less reasons to stay with it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Also getting a little sick of Prime. Ordered 2 things on Monday. Got one Saturday, and the other was delivered by UPS, who didnt even ring the door bell. Just left a note saying to to this liquor store and pick your item up. Seriously?

Fed Ex and UPS are going straight to the trash heap. Much prefer USPS at this point. They at least leave the packages by the mail boxes inside the first set of doors.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
[MENTION=13268]Kensington[/MENTION] I have only had a couple a year that would be delayed than one day to ship. That wasn't bad. Now it is happening a lot more.

Yet somehow, everything I had coming last week showed up early or on time. Including the weather delays. At work, we actually received Amazon packages on the days they said they would not be delivering. So it isn't always bad. But still, Prime items started as two day service. Now it is a two day service after the items ships. And even then, it isn't a two day service.

I just feel like if I don't have prime I can buy the items cheaper, which may items I buy are cheaper, from another seller. Then pay to ship and wait longer for the item. I honestly think I might save money in the long run. Many of the items I have bought from Amazon were just out of convenience of quick delivery. If they aren't doing that anyways...

Also, Prime Video was another draw for me originally. It seems almost everything I want to watch on there I have to pay for anyways. So that isn't a reason to keep Prime either. And I don't use the music app either. So just less and less reasons to stay with it.

Sometimes I don't mind spending an extra couple of bucks for the relative safety and convenience of Amazon. I know their customer service is A+, and if I have a problem, returning will be easy. That being said, I'll almost always cross shop. I just bought a receiver, and Amazon and Abt were the same price. I drove 10 minutes to Abt and just picked it up. Obviously I don't NEED Prime for most of the stuff on Amazon, and I bet if I crunched the numbers, it wouldn't make sense, especially because both my fiance and I have our own separate Prime accounts.

I have been trying Amazon Music's free trial, but I feel that Spotify would be cheaper and easier if I wanted to get their unlimited plan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info